Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Skywalker_15 : (Jul 24,2014 16:57) I'm in phoenix gang, need help with hero's quest from black arm gang member, will give reward.
The Gatorboy : (Jul 24,2014 16:53) We have a forum for partner quest assistance, just leave a reply in the topic. Here is the link: http://www.runehq.co...est-assistance/
shizakos : (Jul 24,2014 16:34) can someone please help me with heroes quest
The Gatorboy : (Jul 24,2014 16:31) wow I have negative 7 experience...
The Gatorboy : (Jul 24,2014 16:24) nevermind I found out myself
The Gatorboy : (Jul 24,2014 16:14) how exactly does it work?
The Gatorboy : (Jul 24,2014 16:14) ive actually never joined a forum battle before
Supermancav : (Jul 24,2014 16:00) psh, why would you want to be in Battle Beasts when Valar Morghulis exists?
Starlit Sky : (Jul 24,2014 9:52) Sliver can i be a part of your guild the Battle Beasts on the Forum Battle :3?
Fading Rain : (Jul 24,2014 0:43) Same thought @Fly
Super Fly : (Jul 24,2014 0:39) Well then...
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:27) Sorry guys, but I gotta go to sleep. I know I know, you guys all love my singing. I'm sorry,
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:22) But iiiiiiiiiiiiiii just wanna play it riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:14) tiiiiimes have chaaaaanged. And we've often rewound the clock *do do do doo* Since the Puritans got a shock *do do do doo*
When they landed on Plymouth Rock.
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:11) if I could type instrumental parts of songs I would for this one
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:10) just a moment folks, I need to get inspired
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 23:01) Alright, goodnight Deimos, see ya!
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 22:59) Always look on the briiiiight side of life.*whistles* Always look on the liiiiiight side of life. *whistles* Always look on the riiiiight side of life *whistles*
Deimos_XD : (Jul 23,2014 22:59) Night gator, i gotta hit the hay. Work won't be happy if i show up late :wallbash:
The Gatorboy : (Jul 23,2014 22:57) lol more songs to come, hold on

Photo

Site Enhancements

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lilroo503

Lilroo503

Intellectual Ancient Mage

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,452 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Hey all and welcome to the first major site changes of RuneHQ for the new year!

Technically not all of these changes happened in 2012, but I didn't feel they warranted their own tiny topics each, so I've saved off announcing them until now. The list of changes are as follows:
  • In the past you may have noticed the Site News sometimes showing one entry, but that entry disappearing the next time you looked or refreshed the page. We have made a change to once and for all prevent this from happening again. The problem was caused by having multiple database servers and they repeatedly would get out of sync with each other. Our solution was to reduce server load and remove one of the servers; therefore, it shouldn't ever be an issue again.
  • As just stated, we have reduced server load by approximately a factor of 7. This reduced load should help in the long run with speeding up the site.
  • The navigation menu has been updated to better reflect what the majority of our users want to find fast. Quests, Calculators, and Treausure Trails have all been pulled out of the submenus and made a top-level item. Other items have been cleaned up or moved around. We are willing to listen to any feedback regarding this change as needed.
  • While the same amount of advertisements still currently remain, the way they load has now been changed. While it may still take the same amount of time overall for the entire page to load, it feels much quicker now that since the content shows up much quicker. If you have an ad-blocker on, I encourage you to check out the site without it and see what you think. We are of course always looking to improve upon our ads and are currently looking into whether it is feasible to remove some ads or not.
  • If a DJ is currently broadcasting on the radio, it will show up on the main site index page just above the "Last Guide Updated" section. This makes it easy to know when to listen in!
There have been other very minor changes as well, but that sums up what we've been up to lately. We're always looking for more ways to improve the experience for everyone, so please let us know if there's anything you think should be changed by making a topic in the Forum/Website Feedback & Suggestions board.

- Site Coders

#2 Jess

Jess

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Totally awesome, happy the site will be faster. Thanks for the updates! :)
Posted Image

Hostname: Vent.gghq.net
Port: 8325

#3 Skeletonmat

Skeletonmat

Database Contributor

• Advanced Members
  • 194 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Tried the site without AdBlock Plus and it is looking a lot better than before ^_^ And the new navigation menu is perfect. Great job Posted Image

2zexhtt.png

Was an Events Team Member from June '08 to July '12

#4 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,741 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:21 AM

Nice :)

2b257872bc.png

#5 Javezz

Javezz

Content Manager / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Managers
  • 3,510 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

Some greatly appreciated improvements here, thanks!

Javezz.png
Javezz.png

#6 Erik

Erik

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:44 PM

2 and 5 are the ones I'm most happy about.

Thank god that the website is sped up.

And thanks for advertising the radio and giving it more recognition ;)

#7 Clamball

Clamball

Wise Werewolf

• Advanced Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:02 PM

The Dungeoneering-herblore calculator is just awesome and you might think of giving it a tab by itself on the front page, I havnt seen anything like it anywhere else, it deserves to be prominent like the treasure trail tab.

Clamball.png

No skill gets left behind
Have 95+ in all skills

Goodness knows what I will do when a new skill comes out.

#8 Norcent00

Norcent00

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

As a person that does web design myself. I have to say i love it!

#9 Brandon

Brandon

Content Editor (Guides)

• Content Editors
  • 1,351 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:48 PM

Number 3 is my favorite :) But they are all great updates!

If ya need a signature post on my link and i'll see what I can do. Signature shop

lich.png

I, Brandon, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#10 Norcent00

Norcent00

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Indeed

#11 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove