Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Nov 23,2014 20:17) Got 75 dg today (and unlocked f36 - occult for doing the prev 35, although it was unlocked already). Just need 3 herb lvls and I'm done :D
2003 Veteran : (Nov 23,2014 19:09) .... free 95m pl0x? lol
RoYALxBeARD : (Nov 23,2014 18:56) double xp i got 85-99 for 100m using extremes for 1k overloads
The Cardinal : (Nov 23,2014 18:40) 80-99 is typically 250-300m depending on the market. Probably on the lower end right now
2003 Veteran : (Nov 23,2014 18:30) 71-75 cost me 8m. Can only imagine how much 99 will cost lol.
senug : (Nov 23,2014 17:56) 99 herblore will cost a lot :D
FireHazard772 : (Nov 23,2014 16:12) @Super 200m xp or nothing :P
senug : (Nov 23,2014 14:10) I'll have to do some slayer for money then :D
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 14:03) 99 is cool too :)
Super Fly : (Nov 23,2014 13:19) 120 or nothing
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 13:18) and dont stop till you got that cape
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 13:18) yes
senug : (Nov 23,2014 13:03) So you say buy all the herb and ingredients and spend millions? :D
Haxorze : (Nov 23,2014 12:14) just do like I did. Spend way to much on it :)
senug : (Nov 23,2014 11:56) I wonder if I should do Herblore Habitat for herblore? I'm not a fan of PKing, so warbands is outta the question :)
senug : (Nov 23,2014 11:41) 74 Dungeoneering achieved :D 1 more lvl then it's just herblore needed :)
darkace21 : (Nov 23,2014 5:12) 10 ways you might be basic.
2003 Veteran : (Nov 22,2014 22:41) I shouldn't be allowed to watch "How To Basic" at night... xD
senug : (Nov 22,2014 15:41) fine thx you? :D
Haxorze : (Nov 22,2014 13:57) Whats up? :)

Photo

Alternate life in the Universe?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 Hi Im Trippy

Hi Im Trippy

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 41 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:11 PM

So do you believe that there is alternate life out there in the Universe?

Posted Image

#2 Javezz

Javezz

Content Manager / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Managers
  • 3,828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:04 PM

I don't believe that there are advanced civilisations of extraterrestrial life, capable of intergalactic travel, as portrayed in science fiction. But I find it hard to say that in the the vast expanse of the universe, made up of countless galaxies, stars and planets, the only living organisms in existence reside on one insignificant piece of rock. So, I do believe that somewhere out there, life, if even only on a microbial level, must be present somewhere other than earth.

Edited by Javezz, 04 January 2012 - 06:06 PM.

Javezz.png
Javezz.png

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Content Editor (Guides)

• Content Editors
  • 1,356 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

I sort of believe and and sort of don't because the universe is too big, too vast for there to be only one form of life. What form that life will take is entirely unknown. But I have my doubts.

If ya need a signature post on my link and i'll see what I can do. Signature shop

lich.png

I, Brandon, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#4 Jess

Jess

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:45 PM

Not really. I just believe in Heaven and Hell but that's different.
Posted Image

Hostname: Vent.gghq.net
Port: 8325

#5 Hi Im Trippy

Hi Im Trippy

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

My view is that out of the trillions of stars and galaxies out there, our planet can't be the only one with intelligent life. Even in our solar system, we have traces of water on mars and the moon of Jupter, Europa I believe is solid ice, and under that is water. We have already discovered planets with surface water, and some planets that are almost identical to earth, and these are just in the parts of the galaxies that we have the technology to see from such a distance.

Scientists have estimated that there will be around 20 planets, anywhere in the universe that have intelligent life on them. Of course this is an estimate, but it does not seem very far fetched to me as we have already discovered planets that are almost identical to earth, and we have barely even explored or seen space yet.

If we ever do find life, whether it comes to us, or we find it, it will be NOTHING like we imagine. Species that are able to live in the extremes, etc. Although science is not even close to finding out ways to travel at fast speeds to reach these planets, and chances are, it wont even be in the next 500 years, I still believe we will find life someday, intelligent or not.

Posted Image

#6 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,180 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

I believe that there is other life in the universe. The universe is huge and if earth can support life so can other planets,and if there is no other life in the universe then I am sure that somewhere life did once exisit

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#7 Guest_Archaen_*

Guest_Archaen_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I believe there is life out there, whether it is intelligent or not is another ball game.

Seeing how insignificantly small our rock in the void is, and how many other rocks there are out there - there is all but the chance.

There has even been suggestions/hints of lifeforms on other planets within our own solar system. Such as the mysterious brown cross-hatching on Europa (could be asteriod trails, could be the vast collection of microorganisms). The production of methane on mars (could be organisims producing it underground (75% of earths organisims live under the surface, in harsh toxic climates), or it could be natural production via volcanic activity etc.). Only time can truely tell (and investments in exploration).

#8 Guthix jr

Guthix jr

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

Well it's hard to be certain considering they've already found other galaxys within ours through their telescopes. Theres supposed to be thousands of more of them and millions of suns which would be to the aid of other planets. Maybe there are other life-forms out there (Mostly Cells and bacteria) but there could be creatures also. Probably not as advanced as displayed in movies.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Bloo

Bloo

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

In my opinion, there has to be life somewhere out there -
It may be the same as us, less advanced, or more advanced - Probably all three.

There are millions of stars just in our small Milky Way Galaxy, in which we've found over 1,100 "Life" planets - Plants that are within range of their stars to have the climate for life.
That just in our small Galaxy.

We have photographed over 600,000 other galaxies, all with hundreds of billions of stars in them, all with trillions or more planets.

There is no way that Earth is the only planet in all of those numbers to have life on it.

#10 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

I don't think there is, but that doesn't stop me from liking stuff like Star Wars or Star Trek Posted Image

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#11 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,815 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm sure that there's life out there
and by life, I mean advanced civilisations of extraterrestrial life (to use javezz' words)

the thought that we'd be the only 'civilisation' in this entire universe... I highly doubt that'd be true
looking at the incomprehensible size of the universe, I'm sure there's more out there

it's however not certain that we'll be making contact with any other living extraterrestrial species out there, but it's definately there

grtz
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#12 Mr Style

Mr Style

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

Scientists have actually discovered another 'Earth', (relatively) close to Earth. It has water, a sun, solar system, land, trees, the same gas levels as a neutral Earth.

So if they can actually find one, imagine all they can't reach.

I personally believe that there IS an extra-terrestrial force out there, however minuscule.

29da73t.gif

As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

#13 Milk

Milk

Influential Iron Dragon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:42 AM

It's pretty amazing that there is currently life on this planet, in my opinion. It's a combination of so many improbable things - our distance from the sun in the 'goldilocks zone', the presence of liquid water, the coming together of molecules to form the first 'living' organisms etc. - and the fact that everything hasn't been completely wiped out by a giant asteroid or some such thing before now. I mean, it's pretty impressive that I'm sitting here and typing this at all. :P

That being said, I think the universe is just so vast - with an incomprehensible amount of planets, I find it hard to believe that there isn't other life out there somewhere. With the vastnesses of our universe, these conditions for the development of life must have come about in other places as well - no matter how improbable they are.

It's hard to say what form it might take - I don't personally believe it will be anything like our current conceptions are, or what is mostly shown on the media nowdays (ie. a human with a wierd haircut wearing lycra :P), but with the size of the universe, I would have thought that there would be a range of different life out there. Perhaps it's just single celled organisms, or perhaps there's something more advance - or even whole civilisations. With the different conditions each planet would have - light levels, gravity, atmosphere, I'm sure organisms would evolve and adapt to end up like something we'd never imagine.

MilkN2Sugars.png
Proud Member Emeritus and former Leader of the Miners and Smithers of RuneScape clan.

'Speak when you are angry - and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret.' - Dr. Laurence J. Peter

'In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.' 
- Douglas Adams

#14 Mr Style

Mr Style

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

and the fact that everything hasn't been completely wiped out by a giant asteroid or some such thing before now.

Thank you Jupiter!

29da73t.gif

As we must account for every idle word, so must we account for every idle silence. - Benjamin Franklin

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence
consists in breaking the enemys resistance without fighting. - Sun Tzu

#15 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,815 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:34 AM

if there is extraterrestrial life, it's probably going to look more like insects (although that's what I've heard...)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#16 goku619

goku619

Influential Iron Dragon

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

it is too freakin big out there to think there cant be life

there are living things out there might not be humanoid but there is life
[url="http://runetrack.com/profile.php?user=Vegetta619"]Posted Image[/url]

Posted Image

297996_197781526953103_100001637707320_567181_2339954_n.jpg

#17 Boo

Boo

Bodacious Barista

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:00 PM

I tend to agree with people who say the universe is too big to assume that we're the only inhabited planet.
Then again, because the universe is so big, I don't think searching for life elsewhere is ever really going to be productive. I've thought about it and decided it doesn't matter whether or not I believe in extraterrestrial life because it has absolutely no bearing on how I live my day-to-day life.

Typos are temporary, mispronunciation is forever.

#18 Supermancav

Supermancav

Element of Laughter

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:08 AM

Of course there's life out there, I'd say there's a 100% chance there is or was at one time other life in the universe. We've discovered and continue to discover species on our own planet that live in environments we never thought possible for life, organisms that feed in ways we didn't think were possible. The problem with searching for life is we only know the conditions that occurred on our own planet. Just because we need this temperature to survive doesn't mean other organisms that evolved and developed on other rocks do.

Considering the vast age and size of the universe, I'd say it's completely likely and probable that planets have fostered life that evolved into advanced creatures like humanity, created advanced civilizations just like humanity, and was then completely wiped from existence just like humanity one day will be.

Imagine in 6 billion years, 1 billion years after our sun engulfs the planet and ends humanity's legacy (if we even survive that long) there could be advanced creatures on the other side of the galaxy pondering these same questions, creatures that just 6 billion years ago were single-celled organisms, beginning the great dance of life just as we did, 4 billion years ago.

Posted Image

Eternal chaos means chocolate rain you guys. Chocolate rain!