Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Marzanna : (Sep 16,2014 14:13) Try looking here http://www.runehq.co...st-assistance/. You will have a better chance at finding someone or have someone finding you this way
kane b4 : (Sep 16,2014 11:37) HEYYYYY neeed help in shield of arrav quest
kane b4 : (Sep 16,2014 5:51) need someone to help me finishing shield of arrav quest please :) thanks
Super Fly : (Sep 16,2014 2:51) Gasp!
Dark : (Sep 15,2014 23:48) *throws pumpkin cookies to shoutbox*
Supremacy : (Sep 15,2014 21:29) I'll be there C:
St Squiggy : (Sep 15,2014 21:27) Also I'm getting 99 Defense in ~30 mins if anyone wants to come, the Lumbridge Crater at W44 :D
St Squiggy : (Sep 15,2014 21:24) I had seen that, nice :D
2003 Veteran : (Sep 15,2014 21:23) First trip to Zammy gwd ever - gets a 6.5m drop, and lucky me I was solo <3
Cloque05 : (Sep 15,2014 13:27) Happy Birthday Capu and Kunio - hope your day is great and you get lots of chocolate :) :birthday:
bellamorte : (Sep 15,2014 11:03) level 6 crashed star nardah bank world 50
Bob : (Sep 15,2014 11:02) The Crassian enemies beneath Ashdale have no weakness and their combat capabilities scales to your level.
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:25) scout
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:24) i cant seem to find info on the crassian scoout,im usualy a member with better fighting skills,but was away for awhile,cant kill them there weakness be good info
drillablast : (Sep 15,2014 9:23) Happy Birthday both of you
Kushie : (Sep 15,2014 8:02) happy birfdays,Capu & Kunio
Kunio : (Sep 15,2014 7:52) Thanks, everyone :D And happy birthday Capu!!!
LadySonic : (Sep 15,2014 5:32) Nvm its all good now
LadySonic : (Sep 15,2014 5:29) Anyone else atm not have the verified thing in the address bar for runescape ?
Katalex : (Sep 15,2014 5:23) Happy Birthday Capudie and Kunio!

Photo

Pking, is this enoguh?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ava Rusher

Ava Rusher

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hey guys im a pure in f2p and I was wondering if these stats are good enough to pk with:
lvl 43
att 40
str 53 (almost 54)
def 1
range 58
mage 47
hp 53
pray 1

Are these stats enough to pk? could you give me tips on pking too? and which stats should i get up?
Posted Image
Credits goes to Brandon!

#2 Jess

Jess

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

I'd raise up the prayer and I think any account is good enough to PK with if you have technique in pking.

Depends if you get mems or not, too.
Posted Image

Hostname: Vent.gghq.net
Port: 8325

#3 Ash

Ash

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

I would keep 40 att/1 pray and just raise strength/range

#4 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

I would get at least 60 strength, and then make sure to bring in some strength pots when you go into the wildy. Since you're close to 60 range too, I would get that up as well.
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#5 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

According to RuneHQ's own Combat Level Calculator (doesn't appear to be online, but it is included in their MultiCalc tool), you could afford to gain a couple Range levels as it is, before leveling up due to it - in fact, you could have 62 Range, and still be level 43.

I would agree with Ash - just train Range and Strength. You won't need Prayer, and as a Range-2h user (based on your stats, I assume), it will do more to hinder you than to help you, until you reach extremely high Strength levels (90+). Trust me, I speak from experience.
As for combat level, you can go PKing at any level. You seem like you would be just fine. Just try to verify your max hit with range and a rune 2h before you go pking, if you level up a couple times in between goes, so you know the maximum you'll be able to hit (and generally be able to be hit back).
Best of luck! :)
Self-proclaimed F2P Veteran, past RHQ Mentor.

What am I up to? Read my log and find out!
._.

#6 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

I would keep 40 att/1 pray and just raise strength/range

This.

Get 13 prayer once you can get it without leveling.
Posted Image

#7 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:19 AM

Get 13 prayer once you can get it without leveling.

I wouldn't recommend that until a very high Strength level - until later on, it doesn't provide enough of a bonus, unless you're going a melee-only path, as otherwise, it involves switching between ranged and melee prayers, or even just prayer-flashing, which is difficult at best to do during a fight. (I speak from experience in this case - 40att/72str/76rng/13prayer pure currently)

._.

#8 Ava Rusher

Ava Rusher

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 05:00 AM

Thanks guys I recently reached 60str and 60 range as i am lvl 47 and 57hp.
If we all assume that I did become members what should my stats look like when I get 60att? and at wat cb should i complete monkey madness??
Posted Image
Credits goes to Brandon!

#9 Joeythegrape

Joeythegrape

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:42 AM

You can do MM at any lvl really - did it at lvl 40ish with no protections.
Posted Image

#10 Sliver

Sliver

Events Team Manager / TS Staff / Clan Staff

• Managers
  • 4,041 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

Monkey Madness is a very easy quest you can do it if you have enough monkfish and anti-poison pots plus 200k(or be really patceint doing the puzzle)

Sliver.png

Sliver.gif

#11 Relinquished

Relinquished

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

the puzzle is easy and shouldnt take longer than 15 minutes =D

#12 Khal_Drogo

Khal_Drogo

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

This is just me. But if yo matched off against my 43 id own your ass. He has decent stats. But, from what I have seen. People who pk will focus on one area alone.. I have a pure ranger who is sitting on 40 ranged at 27 combat.. so, when im at 43 combat I will be at least 75+ ranged.. and would even be able to get in 20 def levels and still only raise my combat 4 or 5 levels...Just all depends on what you want to pk, where you want to pk.. And what you want to focus on, As for your prayer dont worry about it. I would focus on getting 70+ str with 70+ att 40 def, and then train ranged and mage
Posted Image Thank You Brandon For Doing This!
Posted ImageThanks to Triqaeon for the cape!

#13 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

Raising your defense to 20 will gain you 4.75 levels, usually 5 total. Getting only 20 defense, though, usually doesn't make a huge difference, when fighting pures who have simply 40 attack, and an extremely high ranged level. Generally, it tends not to be very effective, but keep in mind, raising your defense will lower your damage output for your level, so you may win a deathmatch more regularly, but in a regular fight, you'll struggle to put out the same kind of hits as your opponent.

And a pure wouldn't be much of a pure anymore if it got defense, would it?...

._.

#14 Khal_Drogo

Khal_Drogo

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

This is why I will never get a single def lvl on a pure account! Thanks for the input ^

#15 Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:13 AM

No problem. It's not to say that you can't make good PKing accounts with defense, even in F2P, but you have to be very focused to do it. Personally, I find that F2P only really allows for range tanks, and only really at mid-level. After that, you kinda have to transition into main PKing at higher levels.

._.

#16 Khal_Drogo

Khal_Drogo

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

So true, At higher level you almost need to form a large group to pk. You maybe see a few 90's low lvl pking. Also, if you have (which at one point I did have an account like this) 99 in attack, strength, mage, range, constitution, and 40 defense your PKer will own. Hence I did not say pure. Your level is like high 80's if I remember right. Miss my PKer :( haha but ima make a new one

#17 Hi Im Trippy

Hi Im Trippy

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Remember, if you do monkey madness you can't accept the EXP rewards at the end, as it will level your defense.

Posted Image

#18 AnotherNinja

AnotherNinja

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hey guys im a pure in f2p and I was wondering if these stats are good enough to pk with:
lvl 43
att 40
str 53 (almost 54)
def 1
range 58
mage 47
hp 53
pray 1

Are these stats enough to pk? could you give me tips on pking too? and which stats should i get up?

Like Jess said, you should raise up your prayer. But, your skills seem a tad scattered, which worries me a bit. My original account had very scattered stats leading up to combat level 80, making me a very poor PvP player. None the less, you can PvP at any level, you just need to find the right target. If their skills are higher than yours, or if you have the slightest doubt in your ability to win, then don't fight them. Simple as that. Best of luck in the wild!
Best wishes to everyone!

#19 Kartman 007

Kartman 007

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

You should choose a main stat, and look at a combat calculator, to figure out what sort of levels you can get to keep your combat level low.

#20 Guest_Longhorn143_*

Guest_Longhorn143_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

go for 99 str and attack.