Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 17:51) My journey home took longer then expected
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 16:51) Everyone come to RuneHQ Castle Wars Event in 9 minutes on World 60 in the fc: sliver - I brought my clan along - bring your friends! :D
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:37) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 23m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:05) If I can make it, I'll probably be a bit late anyway. About 10-15 mins due to travelling home from work (at this time I know :P )
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:03) I hope I can make it :)
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:02) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 58m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 14:03) Ooo sounds nice. I like CoD games, and have played all up to Black Ops :D
RoYALxBeARD : (Oct 20,2014 13:46) blacks op 2, act like a dead body by the bomb basically
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Ummm. Ninja defusing? Which CoD game is that then? :)
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Yeah 99 strength indeed is awesome :) OK once I get it, I'll do a party. But I'll need to make my house worth it, it's no good atm :D Or maybe I won't do a house party :D
2003 Veteran : (Oct 20,2014 13:35) Forgot how much fun ninja defusing on call of duty is xD
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 13:28) There we go :P And what do you mean "even if" that is awesome!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 9:31) Then again @ Fuzzy and Champ, I guess a first 99 is worth a party, even if it is Strength :D
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 4:35) Also, BOOM: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 3:33) Guys please use the corresponding thread linked at the top of the shoutbox for all oartner quest requests.
Barnfather : (Oct 20,2014 0:32) Need shield partner doesnt matter what gang ill just do opposite
Marzanna : (Oct 19,2014 23:37) So I crashed steam by uninstalling too many games at once..
gandon : (Oct 19,2014 20:50) anyone need a black arm member
ChampLance : (Oct 19,2014 19:52) I like fuzzy's thinking. :P
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 19,2014 19:30) Ooooooo good luck! No need to decide if you are having a party or not - totally decided that for you already... you are. :)

Photo

Runescape age demographic today's RS generation

runescape age adults

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 D O M Z

D O M Z

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 33 posts
  • Clan:australian labor
  • God Alignment:The Godless
  • RS Name:D O M Z
  • RS Member:Yes
Click to view battle stats

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hey guys ive recently jumped back on rs from a bit of a brake and lately have been thinking alot about the people around me in runescape 

Whats is the general/average age in rs ?

is there even one?

i myself am 19 and wonder are the majority of people im playing with and meeting on rs younger, older or the same i do notice alot of people that play are from the old days of rs, lol when i say old days im refering to when i first started playing rs in 2005-2007,8 period, i mean the majority of people refer to it as the good old days lol when we were young questing skilling so on so forth lol.

But i do meet alot of young people in rs these days around 10 11 that have just been introduced as of eoc and are a whole new generation of rs players that at the age of 10 or younger noe how to skill quite fast and alot of thems eem to be quite good at making gold , in saying that obviously now it is alot easier to make gold in rs then it was once upon a time. 

Were am i going with this ??  i have noe idea lmao .... just been on my mind lately and mainly wonder what other people think about the age of rs players and how new players differ from the oldschool rs players tell me your thoughts. :)

#2 Sy Accursed

Sy Accursed

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I think Runescape's age demographic is the same as it always has been.

You get people coming in around 10-13 as that's when the style of game first really appeals and equally you get people coming in at 50+ due to it being something easy to play for a distraction in busy lives.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

#3 Heleigh

Heleigh

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

I think that most of the players are 18+. I see way more people that are maxed and have a lot of 99's, so they must have been around for a long time. My guess is the average age is 18, but I really don't know...
We could do a survey but we would need a lot of people to get an accurate number. Maybe someday jagex will tell us.

jnKLlTV.gif

#4 Madame Kate

Madame Kate

Ms. Missouri

• Advanced Members
  • 3,040 posts
  • Clan:RuneHQ
  • God Alignment:I don't want to choose
  • Featured Member

• RS Name:Madame Kate

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

I imagine there is a healthy range of players. There will always be the babies of RuneScape, and the veterans. It has always been hard to judge the age of people you're reading yellow text over their heads. Sometimes I'll be talking to someone and picture them to be in their mid-adult when it turns out they are barely the age requirement to even be playing RS. I also have talked to what I think are young teenagers, but really they're a 60 year old. Presumably though, I imagine there are a lot of older teens / early twenty year olds playing.

BsRw8Qs.jpg?1?4644GM2NxkM.jpg?1?2948

vMG8u0B.jpg?1?3296

#5 Javezz

Javezz

Content Manager / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Managers
  • 3,739 posts
  • God Alignment:Zaros
  • RS Name:Javezz

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

As has pretty much always been the case since I started playing 10 years ago, I'd say the majority of players are in their mid-teens. On the other hand, it does seem like I come across a lot more people in their 20s or older nowadays, but whether that's because I get to interact and know people in more depth than I have in the past (if you don't ask, you don't find out) due to being in a clan or simply because they're like me and started playing RuneScape in their teens and are now adults, I don't know.

Javezz.png
Javezz.png

#6 Garagedwella

Garagedwella

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 467 posts
  • Clan:MaSoRS
  • God Alignment:Saradomin
  • RS Name:Garagedwella

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

I agree with Kate, I see a wide range of ages in the game. I tend to see the young players (Under 18) are the newer players and the vets like myself who tend to range from mid 20's to 30's (which is where i fall in as I'm turning 25 in 6 days). But I am aware of the presence of an older demographic too of players whom are aged 40+. So like Kate said there certainly is a healthy range of ages playing the game :)

Garagedwella

Nobody dies a Virgin because life screws us all!

#7 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts
  • God Alignment:I don't want to choose
  • Featured Member

• RS Name:Varunky

User's Awards

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

I myself will also be 25 soon. I tend to not judge people's age by the level of their character, but a lot of that is due to the fact of account selling/sharing, and the whole thing about some people having more time than others.

Some times I'm also more interested in the maturity age of some players than their actual age :P

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#8 Bazzy

Bazzy

Loki Forum Manager

• Managers
  • 979 posts
  • RS Name:Bazzy

User's Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:21 AM

In my mind everyone is about my age, until I get to know them a lot more. The main public of RS may be around 11-18, but the people I talk to are all around the age of 18-30+.

loki_zpsf49ef639.jpg
.: GamerTag: ~[ Bazzer247 ] Steam: ~[ RetroBazzy ] PS3/4: ~[Sir_Bazzy] :.

I'm climbing Mount Snowdon in September to raise awareness and money for Diamond Blackfan Anaemia. Support me here: https://www.justgivi...than-Stevenson1

#9 Dylan Taylor

Dylan Taylor

Astute Corporeal Beast

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • Clan:Redditors
  • RS Member:No

User's Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I think it ranges from 9-45. Somewhere around there. I've met people online that are 30, 40, sometimes even 50+.

I see more people on WoW that are 50+ though. RuneScape attracts more of a younger audience.

tumblr_mgj44mNyST1s199fdo1_500.gif

#10 Senex

Senex

"The Old Man"

• Advanced Members
  • 1,564 posts
  • Clan:Rune HQ
  • God Alignment:The Godless
  • RS Name:S e n e x

User's Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:21 AM

I honestly think there are more players of the older generation that you would think. I am 44 and I know many people around the same age as me.

Senex B-)

Posted Image

Senex

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.â€

#11 James

James

Forum and Events Admin

• Site Admins
  • 2,904 posts
  • RS Name:James Rhodes

User's Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

A pretty good sample would be to watch this;

James_Rhodes.pngWarmachine.png

#12 Sumurai8

Sumurai8

Somebody

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,552 posts
  • God Alignment:Seren
  • RS Name:Sumurai8

User's Awards

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

A pretty good sample would be to watch this;

That is a biased demographic. The older people are, the more money they can actually spend to attend RuneFest. Besides that, wasn't it 18+?

sigbanner.png

clanbutton.png buttonadvlog.png staffapp.png

Spoiler

#13 The Cardinal

The Cardinal

ET Member / Bird with a hat

• Events Team
  • 1,191 posts
  • RS Name:Cardinal728

User's Awards

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I believe so, but I mostly care about maturity more than age, as I've had respectable conversations with 10 year olds, then 10 minutes later get cussed out by an immature 23 year old for for his kill. It can really vary honestly

The_Cardinal.png The_Cardinal.gif

#14 Pandora x

Pandora x

Nyan Cat

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

That is a biased demographic. The older people are, the more money they can actually spend to attend RuneFest. Besides that, wasn't it 18+?

It wasn't 18+ but if you were under 14 you had to have an adult with you.
Plus you forget all the kids with their parents money, most kids I know have better phones/consoles/computers than I do because someone else pays for it.

Back to the main point: most people i've spoken to in game seem to be between 15 and 24, but I've spoken to some a lot older and a lot younger... Some people's ages have surprised me, I've seen people acting childish and later found out they're adults, whereas a member of my clan who i assumed was around 18 based on how mature he acted turned out to be 14.

I think it's a really varied group of people as everyone finds a different reason to play...

6b82860532358933c8fda065e2d286f0.png?136  36173.png

There are so many things we see every day but never look at, aren't there? Or look at every day but never see.  â€”  Wizard Traiborn

#15 Nick

Nick

Content Editor (PIM)

• Content Editors
  • 425 posts
  • Clan:Gielinor s Warlords
  • God Alignment:Saradomin
  • RS Name:26

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I feel nowadays most are in their higher teenage years as the younger generation dismisses runescape; newer players.

Seems most people playing today are veterans somewhat just sticking it out with the game they grew up with; that's it...

It's a shame though ages do not reflect maturity. If it did, the RuneScape community wouldn't be in the god awful state it's in currently.

#16 xxlegendxx

xxlegendxx

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 33 posts
  • God Alignment:Armadyl
  • RS Name:xxlegendxx

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

I was actually the first generation of 13 year olds to play the game. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users