Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
Rednar : (Oct 22,2014 9:03) Nice grats!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 5:57) Whoo, almost 99 strength. Got like 85k xp left :D
Bazzy : (Oct 22,2014 5:33) Well without trying to be rude, we need people to state what needs to changing to what, not just saying "Guides need reworking".
M2C x SmOkE : (Oct 22,2014 5:04) yep.... the big bad wolf we all love bazzy ; p , jus sayin what I'm gonna do to try and help when using HQ , guides need some lovin dude...
Bazzy : (Oct 22,2014 4:58) comments and stuff for Jagex? :s
M2C x SmOkE : (Oct 22,2014 4:53) wassup err body?? first shout out ! will be using HQ for quest guides etc . will be posting comments and stuff for HQ staff and of course Jagex. come check me out , you feel me? ... peace .! -SmOkE
senug : (Oct 22,2014 4:38) *drum roll* :P
James : (Oct 22,2014 3:56) Plot twist .. oh wait..
JHewitt : (Oct 22,2014 0:29) Sliver's a girl?!
Marzanna : (Oct 21,2014 21:56) I'm waiting for Jagex to convert rs to a dating site.. look how popular it would be! XD
Amoa : (Oct 21,2014 21:02) This is not a dating site.
Kunio : (Oct 21,2014 20:56) Ah I only just noticed the shoutbox update. Quite nice. Also, Sliver's blonde and has blue eyes.
JHewitt : (Oct 21,2014 19:34) Okay! I'm looking for a nice, tall blonde girl with blue eyes! She's got to have a great personality to go with a great smile! Hit me up!
The Cardinal : (Oct 21,2014 19:19) Post right up here ^ for a partner :)
OMW2SYG : (Oct 21,2014 19:14) anybody need heroes black arm help?
OMW2SYG : (Oct 21,2014 19:13) yo
sable94 : (Oct 21,2014 18:59) life sucks
senug : (Oct 21,2014 17:55) So did I. KK is just too tough for me to handle ;d
2003 Veteran : (Oct 21,2014 17:41) I died toooooo much at kk.. lol
James : (Oct 21,2014 16:41) The Friend's chat was changed to Sliver as Richard might be absent.

Photo

Composition II Research Paper

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

So I invited people to use this forum to upload essays for school projects, and said I would do so as well. However one thing so far is preventing me from doing that for my composition class. That would be assignments such as this:
In Weeks 6-11, you will write a research paper consisting of 5-7 pages.
Last week, you submitted a working reference list consisting of 5- 7 credible sources.
This week, you will create four types of notes to use in the development of your research paper.
  • Using Microsoft Word, prepare a 2-4 page document that follows APA guidelines and includes:
  • Four different types of notes that you've created.
For each document submitted to a Dropbox:
  • Add your name at the top of the page.
  • Save your document with a unique file name such as
    yourname_[course code]-[section number]_ [AssignmentName].doc
    (For example: JaneSmith_ENC1102-12_ [AssignmentName].doc
So in short, our assignment is to take this research paper we have not written yet and type up a paper expressing the types of notes we have used on this non-existent paper. Last week's assignment was to pick 5-7 sources and type those up in the paper.

Have I said yet that I hate this class and consider it potentially the most useless one I've had to go through so far, and that includes Strategies for Success, Critical Thinking, and a couple of others I can't think of the names of atm that were basically excuses to get our butts in seats. XD

Anyway, needless to say I will be attempting to post my work here as I get it done.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#2 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:33 PM

Business Presence in an Online World

A website is a necessary piece of today’s business puzzle. Many start-up business owners do not start with that understanding. However an online presence in today’s world is more than a convenience. It is a necessity to navigating the business world of today. A properly created website can encourage the business traffic you need to maintain your business.

In the past, an ad in the yellow pages and a beautiful display window were enough to gain the attention of the average consumer. The way people shop has changed in the last 20 years. People don’t generally window shop as they used to. Phone books are no longer the primary way a potential customer finds a new business, or fulfills a need for a service or product. Even with word of mouth advertising, often a potential new customer will check out a business online before visiting it for the first time.

A website provides many things, just as important to a new business that is just starting up as they are to a business that is established and looking to grow. Your website can help promote visibility in search engines, to make sure that potential customers aren’t missing you. A website represents and promotes your business online. It can show what you stand for, providing images of what you have to offer to customers, as well as what you actually sell or manufacture. In fact I would not hesitate to say that a business without a website is a business that is practically invisible in today’s world.

Having a website will help any business maintain most, if not all, of the goals and objectives that have probably already been lined up for that business. For example, a sales goal or new customer visitation goal is much easier to reach when you have a site to enable you to reach out to those next customers. It can also help you maintain the customers you already have, by allowing them to sign up for newsletters, online deals, or other opt-in offers that you can provide as easily as a click of a button, with the use of a computer. These tools can all be key components to maintaining a business relationship with clients, and to encourage customer revisits.

A properly run and maintained website can provide many opportunities for your business that might otherwise be difficult to arrange. For example, if you are in need of creating space in your storage or warehouse, a quick sale can help make room for a few new products, and a quick look through your customer database should bring up a list of the names of your customers that would most likely be interested in purchasing one of your sale items. In this case, a thorough database of your best customers is an obvious time saver. The same process can be used to announce your new product in the very next week.

Having a website means being visible to people searching for your business. Without a website, an online search of your business name should bring up your telephone number, but it won’t contain any of the today’s customers have learned to expect to see, and a customer will often lose interest in the company quickly when they can search another business name and find their business hours, what they sell, often even a quick history of the business itself.

A website often also means reaching out to customers sometimes before they know they need you. Having a website means showing potential customers what you have available to offer to them in terms of your offered services and products. If a potential customer hears of a product or item and does a quick search of the internet to find out more, having your site come up on their search could gain you a customer that may otherwise have never known about you or your store. This may seem a very small chance when you consider one search in thousands, often against many thousands of other stores and sites. However, a properly built website can help you increase the chance of this happening in your business radius.

Many businesses today are using their websites to do more than just reach out to customers and create new revenue for themselves. Current business people often now also use their websites to do good deeds, in their local communities or for a charity they support and believe in. It is a current accepted practice to create or offer certain items specifically to highlight a community need or value, and to donate any profits from that item specifically to the charity that supports or assists with that issue. This is a way that many business owners are feeling they can contribute to the community more than they alone would be able to contribute personally, and gives your customers a chance to feel they are helping out as well.

The first step is to find a reputable website designer and pay for a basic site. There are many learned computer people out there that offer their services in this manner. Make sure before you sign any contract that the person knows what you want and can provide it. Ask for references, and an example of their work. If they are just starting out and you are willing to offer them the chance to get started, make sure that they will be available if you run into any issues, or that you know the name and number of a back-up professional that you can contact if you need to. It may also do you a lot of good to learn some of the basics of coding a website, so that you can spot issues yourself, and even make small corrections from time to time. Just make sure to keep track of corrections you make and run them by your coder as soon as possible afterwards so that he or she can verify your edit. Remember, there is nothing more potentially dangerous than a little bit of knowledge.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#3 Crimson Dawn

Crimson Dawn

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

So in short, our assignment is to take this research paper we have not written yet and type up a paper expressing the types of notes we have used on this non-existent paper. Last week's assignment was to pick 5-7 sources and type those up in the paper.

You have to love classes that go like this....Most English classes are wacky and have no purpose. Did we learn anything or take anything away from English classes? All I can say is Grammer...writing papers in APA or any other format did not help further my education in such a manner as they (professors) desire. In most instances, the work was more annoying and disturbing than actually enjoyable, if not educational.

Good Luck!

moonrise_kingdom1jpeg.png

#4 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Thanks, that summed up how I am feeling about this fairly well. XD

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#5 OvooLarren

OvooLarren

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

Great topic! I will have to start writing research essays again so I can share with all ya'll ^_^
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." - Dawn of the Dead

Posted Image
Thankies Brandon ^_^

#6 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,140 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

I need to add a conclusion sentence, and some in-text citations. Those are the biggest points that I was told to fix, so that is what I'll be working on next.

WildThing.jpg

Spoiler

#7 OvooLarren

OvooLarren

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:35 PM

Oh my, I hate in-text citations, they are the worst thing of research papers.
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth." - Dawn of the Dead

Posted Image
Thankies Brandon ^_^