Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Kunio : (Sep 20,2014 12:30) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in just 30 minutes! World:60. FC: Kunio
Sliver : (Sep 20,2014 11:28) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 1 hour 30m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
Sliver : (Sep 20,2014 11:28) Happy birthday, Sola! :D
Kittyhawk : (Sep 20,2014 11:19) Happy Birthday!
Sliver : (Sep 20,2014 9:42) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 3 hours 15m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
Tri_Killer2 : (Sep 20,2014 9:16) Happy birthday!
Katalex : (Sep 20,2014 5:05) Happy Birthday sola!!!
Ol Reb : (Sep 20,2014 4:51) howdy
Sumurai8 : (Sep 20,2014 3:55) *gives Sola birthdaytickles*
Sola Wind : (Sep 20,2014 3:09) thanks all its been a great day
ShadowWolf94 : (Sep 20,2014 2:58) Happy Birthday Sola! Hope it's a great one for ya!
:birthday: :jester:
Sarawr : (Sep 20,2014 2:11) Happy happy birthday Sola!!! Hope your family has spoiled you today :D
Cloque05 : (Sep 20,2014 1:31) HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOLA!! I'd sing, but you would need earplugs :birthday:
Rednar : (Sep 19,2014 16:04) Welp off to bed
Tri_Killer2 : (Sep 19,2014 16:03) Ohi
Rednar : (Sep 19,2014 16:03) Good afternoon
Senex : (Sep 19,2014 16:01) Good afternoon Rune HQ
Tri_Killer2 : (Sep 19,2014 15:36) No fishers here
PK_Not_Ok : (Sep 19,2014 15:29) Even the fishers?
Tri_Killer2 : (Sep 19,2014 15:27) I already have the rest

Photo

Should guns be legal?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

I'm not fully sure on the law in the US, but I know that shopkeepers are allowed to have guns. In the UK, however, it is 100% illegal to possess any form of firearms - does this make the UK a safer place?

So, should firearms be legalized in all places or be made illegal?
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#2 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,770 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

in 99% of cases, it's not the legal guns that cause trouble
when you have a permit to have a weapon and know how to use it and have no psychological problems... but even then
I'm not really sure as to why you'd have a weapon... being a shopkeeper and having a weapon is not really the best way to handle things.
I believe ppl who know what they're talking about always say to just hand over the cash and don't do anything stupid that could cause more problems, money is simply not worth it.
Would it not be better to invest in a decent security system? alarm + security cameras?
price will be nearly the same and you can actually use them as a cost in your business to have a smaller profit margin which means less taxes ;) :D

grtz

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#3 Brandon

Brandon

Content Editor (Guides)

• Content Editors
  • 1,356 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

I think guns should be legal, all it's doing making them illegal is just stopping guns getting into normal citizens hands. Criminals/Terrorists etc..will still get a hold of them either way. It's not really the gun that's dangerous it's the person who is holding it is the one who's dangerous, they could just go get any other weapon like a kitchen knife or something, doesn't mean they should make those illegal.

If ya need a signature post on my link and i'll see what I can do. Signature shop

lich.png

I, Brandon, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#4 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

But things like kitchen knives serve other purposes whereas guns really don't.
Posted Image

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Brandon

Brandon

Content Editor (Guides)

• Content Editors
  • 1,356 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

Mmm, yeah I guess. But you could use gun for protection.

If ya need a signature post on my link and i'll see what I can do. Signature shop

lich.png

I, Brandon, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#6 Guest_Valtek_*

Guest_Valtek_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

As an avid gun owner I support the 2nd amendment fully. Posted Image

#7 Guest_Kobar_*

Guest_Kobar_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:32 PM

As an avid gun owner I support the 2nd amendment fully. Posted Image

I agree. However, I think guns should be restricted to those who are, let's say safe. I would have to say that if your are convicted of a crime equal to or greater than armed robbery, gun possession should be illegal. However, a person with no felonies is less likely to commit a crime using a gun. Usually people build up to something like that. People don't need guns in order to protect themselves. There are other alternatives, such as pepper spray, tazers, and if you are capable of obtaining one, the police batons. I would prefer any one of those over a gun, because with a gun, you would usually think twice before shooting. With mace or a tazer, I probably wouldn't think twice, just aim and spray, don't worry just keep blinking and you'll get over it.

#8 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:38 PM

I have no problem with guns myself... and that has nothing to do with me living in texas haha (i don;t own one tbh)

I have problems with certain PEOPLE who own guns.

there a saying that it's not the gun that is dangerous, it's the person who's holding it that is.

and if someone wants to have a gun they will get one, legal or not.

forumsigp.png

#9 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:47 PM

I agree. However, I think guns should be restricted to those who are, let's say safe. I would have to say that if your are convicted of a crime equal to or greater than armed robbery, gun possession should be illegal. However, a person with no felonies is less likely to commit a crime using a gun. Usually people build up to something like that. People don't need guns in order to protect themselves. There are other alternatives, such as pepper spray, tazers, and if you are capable of obtaining one, the police batons. I would prefer any one of those over a gun, because with a gun, you would usually think twice before shooting. With mace or a tazer, I probably wouldn't think twice, just aim and spray, don't worry just keep blinking and you'll get over it.

you make me feel so much better about people with pepper spray... [/sarcasm]

if i were robbing you and you maced me... i can promise you i would not soot you somewhere that would kill you fast... i would be sure to cause you as much pain and agony as possible. the story to be learnt here... pepper spray and tazers ect are not a good defense to guns. and how do you explains a guns range of distance vs pepper spray and tazers ect? sorry but those are only good agianst un armed opponents.

forumsigp.png

#10 Guest_Kobar_*

Guest_Kobar_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

I was referring to the people who would not be able to own a gun.

And the mace and tazers were only quick examples. I would rather have a baton. Have you ever been hit with one of those? I have and it hurts...very, very much...about two weeks...

When I was younger my friends and I were just messing around and we wanted to see what it felt like to be smacked in the leg with a baton. Bad, bad idea... Somehow I got conned into going first, and last...

And if you were robbing me you would be dreaming because I don't have any intentions on working anywhere besides the military base to which I was assigned. So unless you plan on walking right into the base, and sticking a gun in my face, I do not foresee that happening.

(btw they don't allow you to just walk in)

Edited by Kobar, 28 November 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#11 Guest_Eric_RS_*

Guest_Eric_RS_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

I think guns should be legalized to those who can be responsible about it, guns in the wrong hands people just start being stupid or aren't fully trained to handle guns properly. I think there should be classes for those to take every 4 months to have the right to bear arms.

#12 BennyTalent

BennyTalent

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:32 PM

Definitely illegal. There've been too many cases where a person seemed legit (after background checks or whatever) and ended up abusing it. All in all, it causes way more harm than good. As for "Guns don't kill others, people do", that's more bs in my book.
Guns for sports? No problem. Other then the 1 in 10000 case of "self-defence", what's the point? Way too many avoidable/accidental deaths.
Tazers could be used for the same purpose without so much damage.

Edited by BennyTalent, 28 November 2011 - 07:34 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:55 PM

I think guns should be legal. If you are a convicted felon I do, however, think that you should not be allowed to own a gun.

Canada has one of the lowest crime rates and guns are legal there. I think people just associate guns with crimes because that's all we seem to hear about. If we make guns illegal that isn't going to solve the problem, but just piss some people off.

Tazers are only not considered guns because they use compressed air to fire the barbs. I think that some gun laws should apply to ALL self defense products too; all of them are dangerous and can be used to harm other people either permanently or temporarily.
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#14 Jay feathers

Jay feathers

Resident Soulfoxie

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:20 PM

Bleh, don't like guns, don't own guns, don't use guns. Should they be legal? Likely not, but it hardly matters anyway. If someone wants to use a gun, they are going to use a gun. Legal or not, they can get a gun. Giving people more guns will just make things worse in the long run.

I is soulfoxie. I do soulfoxie things.

08f5d6c9-d5ad-4e7c-b99d-70728b832d9e_zps

anmpa8.jpg

#15 Guest_Archaen_*

Guest_Archaen_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:23 AM

Mmm, yeah I guess. But you could use gun for protection.

Perhaps you should target the problems causing people needing to 'defend themselves' instead of turning civilians into vigilantes?

Greg, there are some forms of firearms in the UK which are legal, with the correct licensing, as they are needed for various activities within the agricultural field and of course, the military/armed police forces. Though these licenses are incredibly hard to obtain and are limited to a very particular type of weapon and ammunition range.

I'm also a qualified marksman on the SA80 (general purpose rifle and light support weapon variants), L8A51, some double barrel shotguns, and a variety of bolt action sniper rifles. One thing that is of utter most importance, is the teaching to respect a weapon, it's designed to kill and/or seriously injure - you need to know how to handle it safely, and take responsibility of it.

I do believe weapons should be more openly legal (more types of firearms) to a wider variety of people, though the permit to obtain one would require proven education in weapon handling (similar to driving, as that's a killing machine) to a very high degree (as it somewhat is at the moment).

Edited by Archaen, 29 November 2011 - 01:24 AM.

#16 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,770 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:55 AM

so basicly only when someone causes a problem, from that point on he can't have a gun anymore
that's a bit late as it could've been avoided...
having a gun for defensive purposes is dangerous and not very smart altogether

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#17 Doc

Doc

Lord President of Gallifrey

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

I don't think guns should be legal. Too many people have proven that they can't handle a gun responsibly. Sure, self-defense is important, but there are a variety of other ways to protect yourself, and it is very easy for someone to horribly abuse their gun priviliges.
Formerly 'hmmm'

#18 Jay feathers

Jay feathers

Resident Soulfoxie

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

You wont need to defend yourself is no one has a gun in the first place.. I know people can use other things, but honestly, if you have to think about attacking someone and worry about being attacked back/possibly losing the fight, you likely wont.
And if you are attacked by a gun, having a gun of your own will be pointless. Why? Because by the time you know your being attacked, it's likely to late.

I is soulfoxie. I do soulfoxie things.

08f5d6c9-d5ad-4e7c-b99d-70728b832d9e_zps

anmpa8.jpg

#19 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

you guys who are against guns keep saying things like "oh you don;t need one if no one has one in the first place" as if making them illegal would actually stop a criminal. think about what you say for a moment... they are already commiting a violent crime... how is a bunch of words on paper going to mean anything to them at this point. do you really believe gangs obtain their weapons legally? i'm pretty sure the majority of crypts and bloods, mexican maffia, ect don;t own their weapons legally so making them illegal would only give people like that an advantage.

think about it like when alcohol was made illegal.... what happened then? it was bootlegged... if you wanted it you got it... law or not...

then we get the people saying we wouldn;t have to worry if we targets the reason for needing protection. please mr or miss tell me how you plan to do that? violent crimes have been around since before they were classified as violent crimes.

another thing to think about. if we outlawed guns our wild animal population would overrun us. in ohio they rely on the hunters to help keep the deer population down, because without them they get to many and end up posing a threat to humans. particularly the drivers. y'know deer tend to like to run out in front of cars which can be a lethal car accident.

there is only one reason that is logical to ANYONE as a reason to outlaw guns and about 100 to keep them legal. and that 1 reason to outlaw them wouldn;t work anyways. so face it guns are here to stay in the usa :)

keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn;t own any, so it's not a biased opinion.

forumsigp.png

#20 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

Phox, you can't use prohibition as an example. Even though people still obtained it, it caused many positive social and political benefits. Look it up - you might learn something.
Posted Image