Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Dark : (Sep 02,2014 20:41) cooookkkkkieeeessss :D
Bob : (Sep 02,2014 19:23) Briansssssssss....
Fading Rain : (Sep 02,2014 18:59) Its only those cursed with the Sliveritis infection that can't spell. It is kind of like a zombie outbreak.
Deimos_XD : (Sep 02,2014 17:30) *Leaves human race for race of better spellers*
Sliver : (Sep 02,2014 17:11) Well, I am!
Amoa : (Sep 02,2014 15:42) Sliver, a human? I'm not so sure.
Fading Rain : (Sep 02,2014 15:06) Humans
Sliver : (Sep 02,2014 13:57) Rednar
Rednar : (Sep 02,2014 13:50) Sliver
Fading Rain : (Sep 02,2014 13:41) Hello from my photoshop class! :D
samanthad : (Sep 02,2014 13:35) hiii
Sliver : (Sep 02,2014 13:21) Happy birthday! :D
3ter 1 : (Sep 02,2014 11:47) lel rain xD
2003 Veteran : (Sep 02,2014 11:12) Happy Birthday!
Graystar : (Sep 02,2014 9:25) Happy Birthday!
Fading Rain : (Sep 02,2014 9:13) Happy birthday! Just remember you don't have to get drunk to have fun, but it will be more fun for others if you do. :P
RichardRahl : (Sep 02,2014 8:01) Happy birthday mitorad!
Amoa : (Sep 02,2014 5:56) Happy birthday Mitorad!
Mitorad : (Sep 02,2014 5:54) I am out getting drunk later so I will say thank you now and play abit of RS before I go out
Mitorad : (Sep 02,2014 5:53) Aww chucks, thanks guys!

Photo

Joe Paterno - Should he have to resign?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Knight

Knight

Retired

• Advanced Members
  • 405 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

Anyone that follows the sports world in America most definitely has to have heard about the scandals that have been going on at Pennsylvania State University.

So Paterno may have known about what was going on or may have not. Should he answer the calls for his resignation?

I personally don't see why. Any thoughts?

#2 Stormys_Amazon

Stormys_Amazon

The Queen of Gene

• Site Admins
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Totally agree - they are using him for a scapegoat. He reported it, he was no longer to be responsible for Sandusky so why should he take the fall. He is already retiring, they should not crucify the man further. Coaching is his life.

#3 Paige

Paige

Queen of the Haters

• Established Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:36 PM

I agree with Deb. I read about that whole situation a few days ago and don't understand why Paterno is being blamed for everything. He reported it, it was out of his hands. It's not his fault the university didn't do anything.

#4 Kittyhawk

Kittyhawk

I am groot

• Community Crew
  • 2,065 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:31 PM

If he did what he was supposed to do, but the university failed to follow through, there is nothing to be gained by punishing the guy more. Nothing will be solved that way. The University itself should be called on the carpet.

WildThing.jpg
Story time needs to happen, I just need to find a day and time that work. :(

Spoiler

#5 Knight

Knight

Retired

• Advanced Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 08:37 PM

From all that I've heard... he acknowledged it happened and even went forth and testified to a grand jury that it happened and he reported it. I don't see why people are still calling for his immediate resignation. When ESPN analysts begin to talk about the whole, "Well maybe he shouldn't be coaching anymore because he can barely speak." is just proving that he did nothing wrong and they're looking for anything to justify why people are calling for his resignation. I mean good grief, the man is 84 and he's been coaching at the university since 1950 when he was 23. Let him finish his career the way he wants. If he really had retirement in mind then so be it, but if he's being forced to retire I completely disagree with it.

#6 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:03 PM

When I heard the sports analyzers going on about this they made it sound like another Ohio State scandal. The difference, from what I read, is that JoPa actually reported it while Tressel pretty much ignored it. Because Tressel failed he resigned, but so far as it appears JoPa did things like he was supposed to. I don't know what else they wanted him to do. Fire the guy?

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#7 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Well the decision has been made already for him as he was let go by the uni.....How pathetic on the Uni's part

[url=http://runetrack.com/competitions/competition_tracker.php?id=17397]Peever142.png[/url]

#8 Knight

Knight

Retired

• Advanced Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I saw the announcement right before I went to bed that he was fired. The man has devoted his enter life to that university, and do you know how they fired them? Through a phone call. That's just blatant disrespect to the icon on your university and one of the greatest college coaches of all time.

I think it's quite ridiculous and Penn State could've done much better. I don't think they realize how much Paterno did for the university.

#9 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:10 PM

I really can't believe that he was fired after 62 years!

He had no grounds to be fired too. He told the person above of him what happened, it's not his job to contact the police. If he didn't report the incident and tried to cover it up I could totally see them having grounds for termination.
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#10 Peever

Peever

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

Really is sad....62 years! Starting in 1950!!! And you you just let him go within a week over a phonecall? Penn state will be feeling this for a long time....I hope the players loose the rest of their games as a way to tell the uni to shove it

[url=http://runetrack.com/competitions/competition_tracker.php?id=17397]Peever142.png[/url]

#11 CapuDie

CapuDie

RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,756 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

what happened? I don't think I've seen this anywhere :P
grtz

CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#12 Sheep01

Sheep01

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Really is sad....62 years! Starting in 1950!!! And you you just let him go within a week over a phonecall? Penn state will be feeling this for a long time....I hope the players loose the rest of their games as a way to tell the uni to shove it

I saw the announcement right before I went to bed that he was fired. The man has devoted his enter life to that university, and do you know how they fired them? Through a phone call. That's just blatant disrespect to the icon on your university and one of the greatest college coaches of all time.

I think it's quite ridiculous and Penn State could've done much better. I don't think they realize how much Paterno did for the university.

I find it incredibly hard to have any sympathy for a man who has been charged with 40 counts of improper sexual conduct with a child with at least 8 confirmed victims over more than 15 years(according to the grand jury). Many have since come forward but I am unsure as to how reputable the new stuff is. I don't care what great things he did in his 50 year career, the man is a monster. A phone call letting him know not to show up is all he needs. As far as I am concerned the best thing Penn State can do is let this who thing go and let the courts take care of it.
Posted Image
(These are all my old signatures. I am NOT staff anymore.)

#13 Girls like BasedGod

Girls like BasedGod

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 04:17 AM

Poor Joe... R.I.P.

Sorry 4 the wait!