Guidelines for Images (Guides and Databases)
- Adobe Photoshop CS2 (or higher) or GIMP is required. Please DO NOT use MS Paint!
- Images should be taken in-game by yourself. Due to copyrights we are not allowed to use image from other sites. (Note: This includes images from the Jagex Knowledge Base.)
- Images should be taken in (at the very least) Fixed High Detail mode with the graphics setting in the brightest in-game setting without the Action bar. Anti-aliasing may be be turned ON for guide images, but Off for images to be made transparent. If you wish to take images in Resized High Detail mode then you MUST make sure the total image dimensions are the same as Fixed mode. These dimensions are 512x322 px.
- Images for the site are saved in PNG-8 format, whether transparent or not. The GIF format may be used for animated images for guides, if needed.
- Images for the Persons, Items, or Monsters Database should have transparent backgrounds with a 1 pixel border. This means that there is an empty space that is 1 pixel wide from the furthest edge of the image including shadows on all four sides. (See below on how to make the background transparent.)
- Proofshot images do NOT need to be in a specific format as long as we can read the information, so that we can check that the Person, Item, and Monster Names and examines have the correct spelling and punctuation.
- Images for guides should not contain extraneous content. (example: taking a picture with other members in the background or private chat on.) They should also be cropped to the size of the playing window, with no borders.
- Please do not take images saved in other formats and resave them in PNG-8 format. Once an image has been saved as a certain format, there can a loss of quality if it is resaved in another format.
- Images submitted should be posted and not attached as thumbnails, linked to your gallery, or contain embedded links.
INCORRECT FORMAT[url="http://imageshack.us"] [/url]By [url="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/maonzhi"]maonzhi [/url]
Unable to make transparent images?:
- Crop your images to only have a 1 pixel border around them.
- Fill in the background with a bright color. (see below for an example)
- Save them as PNG-8 format quality.
- Post them in your topic and note that you need help with making the image transparent.
Fixed-Detail Mini-map mould:
Clue scroll mould:
Old-School Quest complete scroll mould
Old-School Minimap mould
Feel free to PM Content Manager with questions regarding these guidelines.
Thanks for helping RuneHQ!