RUNEHQ STAFF ONLY: Do NOT post a request in this forum. Simply send a PM one of the Ventrilo moderators instead (Chessji, Slay, Tri_Killer2), and they'll create an account for you.
Before I begin, PLEASE, for the love of God, READ this topic carefully before you decide to PM me with questions. I'm tired of people sending me PMs with questions that I've already answered in this topic. I will not help you, if you're too damn lazy to read the instructions provided to you. I will simply ignore your PM and/or delete it. Sorry for the harsh tone, but I am not going to sugarcoat it.
Please read this topic AND the Ventrilo Guide BEFORE you ask me questions!
Now that I've got that off my chest, let's begin!
What is Ventrilo?
Well, it is a program that allows users to talk to one another, similar to Skype and Teamspeak for which you need a microphone to communicate with. More information can be found in the Wikipedia article for Ventrilo. RuneHQ has a Ventrilo server that the members can use, for which they will need to request a Ventrilo account.
How do I get a Ventrilo account?
Before you choose to request a Ventrilo account, I'd like you to take the time to read the Ventrilo Guide, as it answers almost all your questions, should you have any while requesting and accessing your account.
If you'd like a Ventrilo account, please follow these THREE steps:
- Register (if you haven't already) an account on the forums by clicking: http://www.runehq.co...ection=register. You will be asked for a Ventrilo password during this process. If you already registered, but haven't provided a Ventrilo password in your profile, continue reading these instructions.
- Update your Profile and enter your Vent Account Password in the Private Custom Profile field set up for this information, if not already done. Please do not provide us with your RuneScape or RuneHQ password; rather, it must be a unique password, i.e., a password that you do not use elsewhere. Rest assured this is a private field that only you and upper level staff can see/edit.
- Create a topic in the Request a Ventrilo Account forum. The topic needs to contain a statement that your password has been updated in your profile and that you need a Vent Account. Don't freak out or pester us to create your account. We staff members have lives of our own, and it won't kill you to wait a few hours to get your request processed. As soon as your account is created, a Ventrilo staff member will send you a PM.
What will be my user name and password for Ventrilo?
Your Ventrilo user name will be your forum display name. If you have changed your display name or plan to do so sometime in the future, please request a new Ventrilo account to be created under the new display name, so we can delete your old Ventrilo account. Currently, Ventrilo does not provide the ability to change user names at will, which is why we are forced to use this method. For TEH and GG members, you will need to provide some sort of proof (like a screenshot of your TEH/PWN profile) that you are part of either of those two communities, if you wish to get access to your respective community's channel(s) on Ventrilo.
Will my password be seen by other members on this forum?
Please note that anything you post in your topic and also in your Vent Password Profile Field will be viewed only by an authorized staff member, and yourself. Rest assured, your password will not be visible to anyone else. Also, if a staff member finds a problem with your request, he or she will reply to your topic stating the issue(s), so please check back on your topic daily.
How long does it take to get a Ventrilo account?
Normally, we reply on the same day, so your account should be created the following day (after any issues found by a staff member have been cleared by you), if not the same day.
How will I know if my account has been created or not?
Once your account has been created, a staff member will notify you via PM. If your account has not been created, a staff member will PM explaining why.
Do I need a Ventrilo account in order to use your Ventrilo server?
No, you don't. You can log on to our server by using any name (as long as it's not registered) and connect as a Guest. You're probably going to wonder why we create accounts. Read the next question and its answer.
Why did you ask me to create an account then?
We try to maintain a positive and peaceful environment on Ventrilo at all times. Often times, trolls and other stupid people manage to get on our server and cause trouble. In such cases, we shut guest access down till everything's back under control. If you had an account, it wouldn't affect you as you'd still be able to log on and talk. However, if you are a troll or here with the intention to cause trouble, please don't try to register multiple accounts to bypass the guest lock-out. It's very (and I mean VERY) easy for us to tell if you did.
I can't seem to connect to RuneHQ's Ventrilo server. What could be the problem?
Read the error message you're getting. Most of the time, it's a login error (bad username and password). If that's the case, then answer the following questions first:
1. Did you make your account request? If yes, read the next question. If no, then make a request by following the steps above in this topic.
2. Did a Ventrilo staff member send you a PM confirming the creation of your account? If no, then please quit complaining and be patient. A Ventrilo staff member WILL send you a PM once your account has been created. You cannot use your username and password till then.
If yes, then verify that you're using the correct username and password. If you forgot your password, you can find it in your profile. If it's empty or you simply want it changed, please make a new topic in the the Request a Ventrilo Account forum, but make sure you specify that you're requesting a password change. Ensure your password is updated in your custom profile field if you are changing passwords. If you believe your password is correct, make sure you entered the correct server information.
For instructions to connect to our server, please read the Ventrilo Guide.
For any other issues or questions NOT mentioned by me in this topic, please send me a PM.