King Black Dragon (Members Only)
It's been ten years since the King Black Dragon ate his first adventurer, and although Gielinor is a bigger, more dangerous place than ever, he's still ranked among RuneScape's most lethal monsters. With this in mind, we're proud to herald the return of the king, with an awe-inspiring new look and graphically reworked lair!
To tempt a new generation of dragon slayers to face down this three-headed terror, there's a magical artefact behind Edgeville Monastery which allows quick access to his home. For those entering the old-fashioned way via the Wilderness, there's a 10% bonus to damage dealt to the King Black Dragon.
The dragon's hoard of loot has also been enriched. We've increased the value of his drops across the board, but there are also brand-new Dragon Rider gloves and boots - with best-in-slot prayer bonuses - and two cosmetic upgrade kits for the dragon kiteshield: one adding ornate decoration, and the other giving a more warlike appearance.
Finally, everyone involved in taking down the King Black Dragon has a chance to receive a lore book, chronicling the rise and fall of the fabled Dragon Riders. As with the recent God Wars lore books, this will be given in addition to regular drops, so you won't miss out if lore's not your thing.
Step into the dragon's lair - if you dare!
How to fight the King Black Dragon:
- Use the artefact behind Edgeville Monastery to teleport there instantly.
- Alternatively, enter via the Lava Maze in the Wilderness. Doing so earns you a 10% bonus to your damage output against the King Black Dragon for the duration of your visit.
Dungeon Updates (Members Only)
- You must be a RuneScape member.
- A combat level of 100 or higher is strongly recommended, and bringing friends will greatly increase your chance of survival.
Along with the King Black Dragon's Lair, four more dungeons have been updated. Battle your way through the following dens of villainy and drink in their breathtaking new graphics and sound:
Behind the Scenes Video
If you haven't already, you can take a tour of the King Black Dragon's lair and the dungeon updates in our recent Behind the Scenes video:
In Other News
The patch notes archive can be seen here.
- Coming Friday: Yelps has added crates of skilling resources to the Squeal of Fortune. These come in two sizes, increasing in rarity, and contain level-appropriate materials for training the following skills:
- The Dwarven Warsuit - a miracle of dwarven engineering - is now available in Solomon's General Store. It comprises a full armour, crossbow, shield and sword reskin, a new teleport animation, two titles and two emotes.
- There's just one week left for those of you eligible for Sizzling Summer to claim your free items from Solomon's General Store. If you haven't already, log in now to claim your five-piece Tropical Islander Outfit, Squid Cape, Crab Dance emote and 'the Tanned' title.
- It is now possible to select multiple options from your purchased teleport animations within the customisation interface. When you use your Home Teleport spell, one of these selected animations will play at random. If none are selected, your Home Teleport animation will play as normal. Please note: For other teleport spells or tablet teleports, your ordinary teleport animation (or Sky Jump, if it's one of your selections) will still be used.
Discuss this here.
Oct 09, 2012 - King Black Dragon & Dungeon Rework
Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:36 AM
Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:39 PM
Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:51 PM
Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:03 PM
Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:51 PM
i just wish people would be nice and let people into friend chats
Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:44 PM
Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:39 AM
- the question you are asking has been answered,
- you may have posted in the wrong forum,
- the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
- the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.
If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.
Have a nice RuneHQ day.