Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Deimos_XD : (Aug 20,2014 11:51) *ow*
Dark : (Aug 20,2014 10:53) *pokes Deimos*
Rednar : (Aug 20,2014 7:21) One of them is 07, other EoC
Rednar : (Aug 20,2014 7:20) 07 or EoC? Try http://www.runehq.co...ero#entry201952 or http://www.runehq.co...ero#entry194564
Seribrium : (Aug 20,2014 1:58) Need partner for heros quest :)
Tri_Killer2 : (Aug 20,2014 1:58) Game
Sumurai8 : (Aug 20,2014 1:15) Huh what?
U V : (Aug 20,2014 1:14) Who's up
Super Fly : (Aug 19,2014 22:59) I r stuck!
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:57) On the RS forums, they spread a rumour that the hacking group called TLS is the source of this attack... So that's why everyone's saying "I'm hunting lizards atm" !
Fading Rain : (Aug 19,2014 22:45) well except me, I was booted out of the cave. But we all got our stuff back :)
Fading Rain : (Aug 19,2014 22:45) we were at KK before all the lag happened. We kept saying 1 more kill, just 1 more... Everyone died with server crash XD
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:43) Manage to connect for 3 seconds, enough to see that everything was fine... except for servers. >.>
Nick : (Aug 19,2014 22:37) Everyone keeps piling onto the servers without as much trouble leading then to capacity issues with lag there, too :P. I certainly give Jagex my sympathy.
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:29) Alright, that's relieving. Thanks guys. :P
RS Black Jesus : (Aug 19,2014 22:25) Oo cool, fighting the ddos attacks no doubt
Bob : (Aug 19,2014 22:24) Jagex is shutting down random servers for safety
RS Black Jesus : (Aug 19,2014 22:24) It's most likely server bud, don't stress too much :)
Bob : (Aug 19,2014 22:23) It's more than just the server...
Smileur : (Aug 19,2014 22:23) "Your account has not logged out from its previous session or the server is to busy to handle your request. Please try again later." Damn, I hope it's the server because I hope someone didn't try to hack my phone-secured email AND my phone-secured account. :(

Photo

Apple Maps

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

So, I was looking around for what was making the news and I found something about the iphone and its map app. This time Apple is competing with Google maps and tried to make their own, but the result looks rather funny :P
Spoiler

News Link: http://www.foxnews.c...world-knows-it/

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#2 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

that's what they get for trying to compeat against google... why bother?

forumsigp.png

#3 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:26 PM

Google's is much better. They can't compete with them.

Edited by MegaMan, 22 September 2012 - 07:40 PM.

Rockman_X.png

#4 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Influential Iron Dragon

• Moderators
  • 730 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

It looks like a theme park! :o But yeah, that's really awful in comparison to GMaps lol XD.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Justic3 U

Justic3 U

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

I can't even say it's a map lol.

#6 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

Actually, this is not Apple's data. Most of it is provided by TomTom (DigitalGlobe provides the satellite imagery, among others that provide business data, neighborhood data, and more). Granted, it needs work. But, after using it on my iPhone, I can say it is a huge improvement over Google's maps. It loads 10 times quicker, it's more accurate, and is just smoother overall.

Edited by Sev, 20 September 2012 - 08:33 PM.

Sev

#7 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,605 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

Google's got like 7 years ahead of them with their own satellite and a ton of street view cars...Apple bought TomTom, TomTom wouldn't have been sold if it was doing well.

I don't see this hitting off

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
McSwindler.png

#8 Greed

Greed

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

I could draw better than that, and I can only draw stick figures. :P

6c7da11d.jpg?t=1360362159
Joined RuneHQ July 31, 2012 Used RuneHq since 2005

I Greed, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#9 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

Actually, this is not Apple's data. Most of it is provided by TomTom (DigitalGlobe provides the satellite imagery, among others that provide business data, neighborhood data, and more). Granted, it needs work. But, after using it on my iPhone, I can say it is a huge improvement over Google's maps. It loads 10 times quicker, it's more accurate, and is just smoother overall.

what good is quick loading map if you can't navigate it? i'll take a slow loading one if it at least works...

not to mention google maps has about 100 more features.

forumsigp.png

#10 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

I want my Google Maps back.

I tested it out for fun yesterday, and literally 90% of the time we were driving in a state of nothingness or on imaginary roads.

Sweetheart.png

#11 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

what good is quick loading map if you can't navigate it? i'll take a slow loading one if it at least works...

not to mention google maps has about 100 more features.

You're exaggerating. Have you even used the app? I can navigate just fine and there have been absolutely no problems other than less mapping data. It's a better user experience already and as they continue to gather more information for the app, it will surpass Google's even further. Also, please explain those "100 more features" to me, please.
Sev

#12 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

You're exaggerating. Have you even used the app? I can navigate just fine and there have been absolutely no problems other than less mapping data. It's a better user experience already and as they continue to gather more information for the app, it will surpass Google's even further. Also, please explain those "100 more features" to me, please.

Okay, dude, we get it. You love Apple Maps.

The rest of us don't.

Sweetheart.png

#13 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

Okay, dude, we get it. You love Apple Maps.

The rest of us don't.

It's called defending something you like. Since when is this a crime? Unless you have something constructive to add, please don't add anything at all.
Sev

#14 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Oh, so that's how it's going to be, huh? Cute attitude. I don't appreciate it. "Unless you have something constructive to add, please don't add anything at all."? Yes, boss.

Phox doesn't like it, good for him. You like it, good for you. Quit being so pushy about it.

Sweetheart.png

#15 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

see this is why i love you claudia lol you are exactly like me with very different opinions however on this we agree. saying it will be better is what got us into the great depression,speculation that is. until it is better it remains a failed system

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#16 Garagedwella

Garagedwella

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

I can understand Apple's desire to distance it's self from Google, as Google is its prime competitor atm, but I think the jump to Apple's own mapping platform should of been thought out a little more, While I do rather like some of the upgrades that came with the new iOS, I must admit I am rather disappointed at how many flaws and just how user unfriendly Apples new in house map app is. I personally wonder if it could have waited for the next patch so they could of worked out some of the kinks before presenting it to Apple users worldwide. It looks really bad for your company when your CEO has to step forward to apologize for massively screwing up a in house product, but I do give the Apple CEO some bonus points for coming forward to address Apple fan's directly, it takes some serious balls to admit you screwed up that badly on a fan favorite feature, especially so soon after a much anticipated release of the newest iPhone model and iOS release.

I must admit I have always been a bit of an Google Maps fan, so even if Apple did get it right the first time, they would really have to knock my socks off with some feature that Google lacked, before I switch my allegiance for mobile maps from Google to anything this new.
Garagedwella

Nobody dies a Virgin because life screws us all!