Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Bob : (Jul 25,2014 22:14) Arma Boots drop from Aviansie slayer task - 4.5M profit!
The Gatorboy : (Jul 25,2014 21:29) I've got thick skin and an elastic heeeeaaaaaart
The Gatorboy : (Jul 25,2014 20:51) How many people got Hello Kitty Scissor Bite of Marmalade punched by the Kalphite King?
The Cardinal : (Jul 25,2014 16:32) === UPDATE === RuneHQ Kalphite King event begins in 27 minutes! W67, FC: Cardinal728
Bob : (Jul 25,2014 16:31) RuneHQ Kalphite King event begins in 29 minutes! W67, FC: Super Fly
DarkPyroNinja : (Jul 25,2014 15:45) Mmk.
The Cardinal : (Jul 25,2014 15:43) I'll try to get it next time :)
DarkPyroNinja : (Jul 25,2014 15:15) lol! Sorry. But put a photo of that if you have it on that funny pictures and videos forum.
The Cardinal : (Jul 25,2014 15:12) Nothing ticks me off more than failing voyages with 100%...I mean wtf Jagex?
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:56) Np
QrZonator : (Jul 25,2014 13:50) ty
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:47) try http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/ for some help on the time.
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:46) I'm not on rs atm srry.
QrZonator : (Jul 25,2014 13:44) can u add me on rs
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:43) There probably won't be until it gets closer to the event. Try in about 3 hours. There should be people in the fc then.
QrZonator : (Jul 25,2014 13:42) but there is no people on fc
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:40) Thats right, 11:00pm GMT will be in 3 hrs 20 min now.
QrZonator : (Jul 25,2014 13:34) there reads 11:00pm GMT
Deimos_XD : (Jul 25,2014 13:31) It starts in 3 1/2 hours i believe.
QrZonator : (Jul 25,2014 13:31) pls answer

Photo

Sep 19, 2012 - Daily Challenges & Noticeboard

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#1 Graystar

Graystar

Graystar with silver sparkle.

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 2,001 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Daily Challenges

The Burthorpe Imperial Guard needs you! Members of all levels can now take on Daily Challenges: varied goals which, when completed, grant a healthy chunk of XP in the skill of your choice.

Each day, you'll be assigned a new Daily Challenge that you have the skill levels to fulfil. You can find out what this is through the new Noticeboard interface (more on that later).

These could be anything from culling the dagannoth population or brewing super prayer restore potions to cooking pies or growing watermelons. You can get hold of the materials you need however you like, but you'll need to complete at least the final stage of the process yourself. For example: if you're tasked with fletching yew longbows, you can buy the strings and bow shafts ready-made from the Grand Exchange and then put the bows together to complete the Daily Challenge.

When you're done, head over to Burthorpe and report in with the quartermaster for your reward. As you'll have to hand in any items that you're required to make, you'll be reimbursed with a challenge mystery bag, containing goods equivalent in value to any materials you had to use. On top of this, you'll get a hefty XP reward in the skill related to your completed Daily Challenge, as well as a spin on the Squeal of Fortune. Up to five of your most recently assigned Daily Challenges will be saved if not completed, so you can catch up if you miss out on a day or two.

Overcoming the thousands of Challenges that Gielinor can throw at you for sack-loads of XP and all expenses paid?
Challenge accepted!

The Noticeboard

Gielinor is a vast place, filled with wonders, perils and riches aplenty, so sometimes the hardest thing is knowing what to do next! That's no longer a problem, with the introduction of the Noticeboard - the one-stop interface for all of your RuneScape adventures.

The Noticeboard - accessible anywhere via its icon in the bottom-right of the screen - brings the new Daily Challenge system together with the existing Quest Journal and Task Lists (now called Achievements) in one handy interface. For members, there's also a 'Minigames' tab, which directs you to Minigame or D&D content that's accessible to you, of the type that you want to play. To top it off, we've also included a 'Featured' tab, which picks out the best content that RuneScape has to offer that's suited to your levels, so you're never short of awesome content to experience.

Have fun!

Mod Liono

How to start performing Daily Challenges

Access the Noticeboard, or speak to the Imperial Guard quartermaster in Burthorpe.

Behind the Scenes Video
If you haven't already, get a sneak preview of the Challenge System - and much more - in our latest Behind the Scenes video.

In Other News

• The Gielinor Games have ended, and can no longer be accessed within RuneScape.
  • Anyone with bonus XP left to use in their Mad May necklace still has plenty of time to do so: until the 31st of December 2012.
  • The Recommendation system has been replaced by Challenges. These are different from Daily Challenges in that they have no rewards, but they're accessed through the same interface, and are a great way for newer players to find out what RuneScape has to offer.
  • Solomon's Store now holds an all-new Royal Court range , including Monarch, Noble and Servant outfits, as well as a Jousting Lance weapon re-skin!
  • If you're eligible for Sizzling Summer, be sure to pick up your free Squid Cape and Crab Dance emote from Solomon's Store!
View the patch notes archive here.

graystar3nr.gif

khnumcrop.png

#2 Zaros Ultor

Zaros Ultor

Christmas Tree Editor

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

Not sure if I like this...

I want to do what I like to, not what Jagex tells me to do.
But maybe I should check it out and see how good the XP-rates are ;)

And: Nooo! The fast 35k agility xp a day is gone! :(
Zaros_Ultor.png

I, Zaros Ultor, hereby pledge to never support gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

I really like this better than the old system. And now we can access it through our own player hud :) I also like the fact that you have to turn the items/resources in to get the reward. What this possibly does is remove items and money out of the game and open the markets up a bit more (that is, if people just want to rush through the tasks rather than get resources themselves). I plan to try this out when I can log in after class :)

EDIT: I don't think this is them telling us what to do. They're just suggestions of activity with the promise of differing rewards attached if you decide to do them. You're always free to ignore this update.

EDIT2: It's like another Distraction & Diversion.

Edited by Varunky, 19 September 2012 - 10:32 AM.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#4 Zaros Ultor

Zaros Ultor

Christmas Tree Editor

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:27 PM

Ignore my first post!

These challenges are epic. I had to do a c6 floor in daemonheim. I did a fl1. It took me like 5 min and the reward was 160k dungeoneering XP.

Cutting 30 magic logs = 25k woodcutting xp + 19 raw rocktail and 169 coins (lvl 93)

Getting 190 death/law/nature runes in runespan = 26 701 rc XP (lvl 82)

16 mithril ceremonial swords = 16 934 smith xp + 32,304 gp + 16 grimy torstol (596,016 gp) (lvl 84)

(Yes, I'm using this post as a log.)
Zaros_Ultor.png

I, Zaros Ultor, hereby pledge to never support gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'm glad this is finally here! This should veer me a bit off the track of the questing kick I'm having right now. :P

Edit: I'm missing my dedicated Quest tab, though. A lot.

Edited by Sev, 19 September 2012 - 03:26 PM.

Sev

#6 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

this songs like a really good update.... that'll prob get nerfed :(

forumsigp.png

#7 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

Bumming that the daily challenges are members only (was to be expected, can't complain), but can't wait to try out the noticeboard!

Posted Image

#8 kassandra

kassandra

Goddess

• Advanced Members
  • 874 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

I'm having fun with these challenges, and the exp rewards are pretty awesome <3
signature.jpg

#9 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:21 PM

i REALLY don;t like the lack of the quest tab... why again did they remove it?

forumsigp.png

#10 Justic3 U

Justic3 U

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

Great xp rewards. I love this update.

#11 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

does anyone know if they are putting something else where the quest tab was... i can't understnd why they would remove it and leave that blank space there...

forumsigp.png

#12 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:54 PM

The quest tab is now part of the Noticeboard area. Does seem like a lot of clicking to get there.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png

#13 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

The quest tab is now part of the Noticeboard area. Does seem like a lot of clicking to get there.

i know, but WHY did they remove it?

forumsigp.png

#14 Caj

Caj

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

Other than a good number of marketing promotions (Squeal of Fortune, Sizzling Summer, Solomon's General Store, etc.), it seems that all Jagex does anymore is pack in more features that give out more experience.

Edited by Caj, 19 September 2012 - 09:28 PM.

~ RETIRED MAY 24, 2011 ~

#15 Risegold

Risegold

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Free XP. +Free Xp for a reward.
That is all I have taken from this update and the majority of Jagex's new updates recently. It seems as if they think that in order to obtain/keep members they must make the game eaiser and cheaper. :no:

#16 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,721 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

I feel that this would be dead content if the rewards weren't nice, though. (makes that kinda sad)

Edited by Varunky, 21 September 2012 - 11:23 AM.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png

#17 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

I feel that this would be dead content if the rewards weren't nice, though. (makes that kinda sad)

I agree, if not for the nice chunk of exp I wouldn't do half the things it gives as challenges.

forumsigp.png

#18 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

All there needs to be is an easier way to get to the Noticeboard...

Also it doesn't seem like you can pin quests, which is kind of a bummer.

Edited by Claudia, 23 September 2012 - 08:38 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Guest_screwybruce_*

Guest_screwybruce_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I want the quest tab back like it was. clicking over and over to get to them sucks. Daily activities? What is this summer camp? Frak lagex on this pile of dog.......

#20 Guest_cory8675309_*

Guest_cory8675309_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

I agree with last rant. I like this update, except for one thing.... The quests should remain on thier own tab.