Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Oct 31,2014 16:14) Ummm. Still got a while for Easter Rednar :D happy halloween to you too Nick :)
Rednar : (Oct 31,2014 15:34) Happy Easter!
Nick : (Oct 31,2014 15:28) Happy Halloween, everyone.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:11) At the quest, I'm up to the point where I done the cauldron puzzle so that's a bit further on which is why I need help to write the guide
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:10) Oh :D umm... Save it to a computer, use an image uploading program and post the image wherever you want (take off the url tags though, leaving just the img tags)
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:10) that puzzle is alot like a puzzle/game called mastermind
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:08) snip, image caputured with windows snipping tool
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:06) That book puzzle annoyed me though :D
senug : (Oct 31,2014 10:04) A snip? What?
TheNoisyOyster : (Oct 31,2014 10:03) how can I post a snip of the correct order for stacking the books in broken home?
Bazzy : (Oct 31,2014 9:47) Happy Halloween all who celebrate the day of tricks, ghouls, devils in disguise and what not, and treats.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 7:55) Guys, if you have started or are doing the Broken Home quest, I need your help to write the guide since I'm probably in the middle of the quest :)
Sumurai8 : (Oct 31,2014 7:34) This is your daily service announcement: Sliver is a nub.
senug : (Oct 31,2014 7:33) Bxp = 'I need to finish the quest quickly and train some skills' :P
Rednar : (Oct 31,2014 6:41) OMG
The Cardinal : (Oct 31,2014 6:29) Bxp is here!
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 30,2014 21:23) And make sure you have the crest parts in your inv
Tri_Killer2 : (Oct 30,2014 21:23) Make sure each element is hitting and not splashing. if you splash even just one and don't rehit it later you won't get the drop
Hendricks : (Oct 30,2014 21:18) Wow Major glitch in family crest..... I've killed the demon three times alreadh and still have yet to recieve the third part of family crest......
Richard Rahl : (Oct 30,2014 16:20) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 40 minuts! World: 60 FC: Bertie

Photo

Social views

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ubernisation

Ubernisation

Wise Werewolf

• Advanced Members
  • 60 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Just kinda interested where the people lie on the scale of left to right, not politically or economically- but socially.

Personally I'm very liberal. I believe in equality for all, abortion, gay rights, same sex marriage, women's rights, anti racism, religious tolerance, anti immigration laws (albeit this is unfeasible >_<) etc. I see national boundaries as antiquated and I have no particular pride in my country besides our cultural heritage (our literature and music mostly). I think it's so unfair I have a relatively easy and carefree life due to the random chance of me being born in a well off country- and so why should I be against or begrudge anyone trying to make the best life they can for themselves- as long as this doesn't come from harming others.

I just don't understand conservatism or general social right wing belief. The far right is the thing that makes me the most angry in the world I think.

Where do other people lie? I don't mean what political party do you support, but just what do you believe in.

Also when I say abortion I'm hazy on this one. Before the baby is alive I believe in abortion, but after I'm not sure if I consider it murder or not.

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life trying to make ends meet you're a slave to money then you die

#2 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:28 AM

My family has always been right wing in terms of politics, but I see myself as much more liberal socially, like you. I agree with pretty much everything you said.
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 CapuDie

CapuDie

Community Crew - Mentor / RHQ Clan Staff

• Community Crew
  • 2,813 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

We're not so different, you and I...

I do believe in people being equal and everyone having their rights. (and all the other stuff you said)

Can't wait to hear more from others... :)
CapuDie.pngCapuDie.png

#4 Ubernisation

Ubernisation

Wise Werewolf

• Advanced Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:34 AM

My family has always been right wing in terms of politics, but I see myself as much more liberal socially, like you. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

Yeah pretty much everyone in my family of the generation above mine is to the right too- maybe not my mum. Very frequent arguments with my grandma about her views >_> Leading her to term me (in the same breath) a communist and an anarchist XD

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, this life trying to make ends meet you're a slave to money then you die

#5 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:28 PM

Definitely in the same boat (which is nice, I feel like we've seen a lot of right-wingers recently). We were taking cute little quizzes in government that size up your political opinion, and for most I ended up being a Libertarian. I can roll with that.

So yeah, i'd say liberally i'm really social. Definitely support abortion, women's rights, equal rights for anyone really, same-sex marriage (or no limitations) on marriage.

I just honestly cannot wrap my brain around the thoughts of the most extreme right wingers on social issues. I try really hard to think about it but just can't.

Sweetheart.png

#6 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

I'm in between.. something on both sides i agree and disagree with. really a 50/50 split

forumsigp.png

#7 Sarawr

Sarawr

Queen of the Pony People

• RHQ Clan Staff
  • 6,122 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

Personally I'm very liberal. I believe in equality for all, abortion, gay rights, same sex marriage, women's rights, anti racism, religious tolerance, anti immigration laws (albeit this is unfeasible >_<) etc.

I'm exactly the same, I don't think anyone, especially politicians have any right to say who you can and can't marry and if you view the debate on abortion in these forums you'll see that clearly I support a woman's right to have one should they need to.

Sarah_Signature.png

Thanks to Wolfy for the sig!

defencemastercape.png 120 Defence forever <3 defencemastercape.png

#8 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'm more conservative. Most liberals are whack jobs, and some conservatives are too. I mainly just believe that you can't throw money at a problem to fix it...
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#9 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

it's funny how most of the responses here say they are one or the other because of a couple of things, but have any of you compared the two, perhaps you are like me and down the middle. I don't think you can say you are left or right just because of 1 or 2 things, 2 be one or the other you need to agree with most if not everything of either side if you only agree with 1/10 of them then your not like them and if that applies to both then your down the middle

I can post a side by side list if anyone wants.

forumsigp.png

#10 Asocial

Asocial

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I'm rather socially conservative. It's an awkward to be in this position at a well accredited university atmosphere haha. My social conservatism essentially stems from my religious beliefs; you all know the deal.

#11 Zabuzar

Zabuzar

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

I would consider myself in between. Both sides have their idiots in my eyes. I believe in gay rights, right for abortions, and women's rights and such. However, that same side also wants more gun control. Which I am a strong supporter for gun rights.

Socially however, I consider myself more liberal.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Doc

Doc

Lord President of Gallifrey

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

I am very much socially liberal for the same reasons. I think some conservative points of views, such as anti gay-marriage, are really out of date and that in order to move forward in general we must be willing to be open-minded and not be confined to tradition and old-school dogma.
Formerly 'hmmm'