Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Quisque : (Apr 19,2014 1:56) w00t 92 cooking!
ShadowWolf94 : (Apr 19,2014 1:50) Thanks for allowing me into the clan (:
Sumurai8 : (Apr 19,2014 1:48) V-- second that. They do not represent anything in RS, nor should you try to do that.
Tri_Killer2 : (Apr 19,2014 1:04) I vote leave em as is :P
Smexy Sarah : (Apr 19,2014 1:03) Range weapons were added after the melee weapons :P At some point I guess I should re-order the weapons :P
St Squiggy : (Apr 19,2014 0:51) How is a shortbow so far up there? XD
RoYALxBeARD : (Apr 18,2014 23:20) Happy Birthday Pete!
Super Fly : (Apr 18,2014 22:56) I got you when you were full health and full strength, because I fight fair- not just gather scraps ;)
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 22:45) oh ho! Got me when i ran out of attacks? Later the Fly will Die :evil_laugh5:
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 21:53) Ima so Awesome ima #1 on many many lists. Urs is just one more. :bb: :aggressive:
Top D : (Apr 18,2014 21:13) Only killed after 3 other players wore him down :P. Bragging about kills and having frags makes people #1 on my target list :)
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:58) :bunny: That's why the bunny shakes his azz. He says na-na-na come and get me. :P
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:56) :woot: Noobie Nirvana, killed no. 1 player:

Tatty613 attacked Double_D_Edd with a Rune throwing axe (1555 str) and took off 404!
Double_D_Edd has 0 HP left!
You gain: 1000 GP!
Double_D_Edd is now dead, therefore cannot counterattack!!!!
You gain 1 frag(s) (0 stolen).

*.*
3ter 1 : (Apr 18,2014 20:38) yup. Whenever I get done killing people, I suicide b/c I figure I'll have acquired too many frags.
Bob : (Apr 18,2014 20:15) That's a death wish. Nobody active can stay at the top for much more than a few hours LOL.
Tatty613 : (Apr 18,2014 20:09) :bunny: And the noobie races to the top of the frag race :D
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:59) Liar! :butcher:
Spark : (Apr 18,2014 16:58) Apparently i lied
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:57) tri_killer2 is fc
Barabas69 : (Apr 18,2014 16:52) ok I'm there lol

Photo

Jagex Live Stream for Botting

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 4,883 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Yesterday Jagex held their second live stream in which Mod Mark and Mod MMG answered and revealed all about botting in RuneScape. Some topics mentioned include the mechanics behind Botany Bay, the next bot nuke "Optimus", and much more. We're expected to see a decrease of bots by the end of September!

What did you all think of it? I found the stories of their experiences and future plans pretty interesting.

Here's the video if you missed it:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Signature by Brandon.

#2 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:42 AM

i'll watch that later at work... i'm sure I will have plenty of time :)

forumsigp.png

#3 Guest_Marchal03_*

Guest_Marchal03_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

If they ban most of the bots the price of everything (ex Coal Iron Fish Runes etc) would go up. I think Jagex should regulate it. Ban the Gold farming bots and ban ones they screw over the MAJORITY of legit players (Bots that just sit there and chop yews all day taking up spots like near GE) and KEEP the ones who help legit players. Example I like nature runes being 123 gp each. I remember when they were 240 each..

This is just a no win situation. We the People will complain no matter what. Do what is in favour of the Majority.

Edited by Marchal03, 17 September 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#4 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

Keep some of the bots? Goodness no. Besides, this new program isn't supposed to be selective. AND with these bots gone then skilling becomes a viable way to make good money again.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun •••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#5 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:34 AM

yeah the last time they did a bot nuke prices went way up... sadly right now bots are keeping the economey balanced.

forumsigp.png

#6 runescpe

runescpe

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

it's weird how it turns out. We want the bots gone, but at the same time some of them are helping stabilize the rs economy (wish real economy would stabilize soon) by keeping prices of things we want at lower price (ex. nature runes, fish, even logs).

PS. I hope im not considered one of the botters, during the few months last year where I quit anything could have happened. Well I changed my password and security questions when I came back and now im trying on the jagex guardian thing. Hopefully I wasnt hacked during that time, I remember a full bank but when I came back it was near empty, guess it's pretty obvious then. well hopefully whoever got on my account didnt use wierd bots at all. :ermm: :( hopefully not!!! *tears slide down face*.

and im so close to being a quest caper.
Posted Image

#7 Fuller

Fuller

Able Abyssal Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

Keep some of the bots? Goodness no. Besides, this new program isn't supposed to be selective. AND with these bots gone then skilling becomes a viable way to make good money again.

Absolutely agree, skills like runecrafting will once eagain be quite a decent money maker
Posted Image

Posted Image
Made by Brandon ^^

#8 Mexk

Mexk

Interactive Imp

• Advanced Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

I am glad to hear which questions Mod Paul M picked - and I like the answers. I like the Random Event-Removal, shall be nice to have undisturbed training, then again, I am collecting the Mystery Boxes so I do not hope those get removed. According to the forums, the current randoms will not be removed from the game, rather moved - maybe it turns into some kind of free event/mini-game like the circus. We shall see.

#9 Guest_TheZombieKid_*

Guest_TheZombieKid_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

I'm looking forward to Bot Bay. I think it an amazing idea and arguably overdue. I am currently watching the 2nd stream and it sounds like combating bot problems has become more of an immediate issue over the years and I look forward to a bot-free Runescape :)