Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 17:51) My journey home took longer then expected
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 16:51) Everyone come to RuneHQ Castle Wars Event in 9 minutes on World 60 in the fc: sliver - I brought my clan along - bring your friends! :D
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:37) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 23m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:05) If I can make it, I'll probably be a bit late anyway. About 10-15 mins due to travelling home from work (at this time I know :P )
senug : (Oct 20,2014 16:03) I hope I can make it :)
Sliver : (Oct 20,2014 16:02) RuneHQ Castle Wars event starts in 58m! World: 60 FC: Sliver
senug : (Oct 20,2014 14:03) Ooo sounds nice. I like CoD games, and have played all up to Black Ops :D
RoYALxBeARD : (Oct 20,2014 13:46) blacks op 2, act like a dead body by the bomb basically
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Ummm. Ninja defusing? Which CoD game is that then? :)
senug : (Oct 20,2014 13:40) Yeah 99 strength indeed is awesome :) OK once I get it, I'll do a party. But I'll need to make my house worth it, it's no good atm :D Or maybe I won't do a house party :D
2003 Veteran : (Oct 20,2014 13:35) Forgot how much fun ninja defusing on call of duty is xD
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 20,2014 13:28) There we go :P And what do you mean "even if" that is awesome!
senug : (Oct 20,2014 9:31) Then again @ Fuzzy and Champ, I guess a first 99 is worth a party, even if it is Strength :D
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 4:35) Also, BOOM: https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be
Bazzy : (Oct 20,2014 3:33) Guys please use the corresponding thread linked at the top of the shoutbox for all oartner quest requests.
Barnfather : (Oct 20,2014 0:32) Need shield partner doesnt matter what gang ill just do opposite
Marzanna : (Oct 19,2014 23:37) So I crashed steam by uninstalling too many games at once..
gandon : (Oct 19,2014 20:50) anyone need a black arm member
ChampLance : (Oct 19,2014 19:52) I like fuzzy's thinking. :P
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 19,2014 19:30) Ooooooo good luck! No need to decide if you are having a party or not - totally decided that for you already... you are. :)

Photo

Sep 11, 2012 - The Jagex Account Guardian

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
22 replies to this topic

#1 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,904 posts
Click to view battle stats

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Jagex Account Guardian (JAG), the new security feature for your RuneScape account, is now available.

We know how much your account means to you and how much time and effort you’ve invested. Unfortunately, there are some unsavoury people out in the cyberverse who spend their entire time thinking up new ways to try to hijack your account. It can be hugely frustrating if you are unfortunate enough to lose your account to a hijacker or a phishing scam; the hijacker doesn’t care how much time you have invested in your account, and certainly doesn’t think twice about the effect its loss has on you.

To help keep your account safe, we have developed the Jagex Account Guardian, which enhances your account security very quickly and easily. We’re committed to looking after you, and JAG is a significant upgrade to the existing security measures we’ve implemented this year.

So, how does it work?

When enabling JAG, we’ll ask you to answer five security questions, and then to add trusted devices to your account. These trusted devices will be the only devices authorised to access your account. What’s really cool is:

• JAG is available to all players.
  • There’s no limit to how many trusted devices you can have.
  • You can add and remove devices whenever you like.
  • JAG will block unrecognised devices and send you an email alert.
  • It’s also really easy to set up and use.

The Jagex Account Guardian is ready to help protect your account, so what are you waiting for? Head over to your account settings now, click ‘enable’ in the JAG tab and you’ll be up and running in no time. If you want to know more, we’ve also produced a handy FAQ, which you can find here.

Have fun,

Mark Gerhard
Jagex CEO

Discuss this here.

Darkblitz.png

signature-kingdomhearts.png
Signature by Brandon.

#2 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

Why are they just announcing this now? It was in last weeks update...guess they realized they didn't have an update for this week and tried to sneak this one past us -.-

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#3 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 564 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:48 AM

They might come out with something else this week though, Perhaps the Botany Bay?

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#4 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:52 AM

They might come out with something else this week though, Perhaps the Botany Bay?

The teaser fog botany bay was on this week, so I hope it comes soon.

Rockman_X.png

#5 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

I'm not reasurred when the FAQ says that if you get keylogged and have your info stolen they can't do much.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#6 Guest_Dobbie_*

Guest_Dobbie_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

i agree with varunky if you forget ur security question/answer your kinda stuffed

#7 Claudia

Claudia

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:59 PM

Well, if you can't remember your information then you probably deserve to get your account stolen.

Sweetheart.png

#8 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,733 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:23 PM

That escalated fast...

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#9 McSwindler

McSwindler

Professional Noob

• Developers
  • 2,610 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

You could always write the answers down either on paper or virtually and store them securely. Like in some kind of locked chest or do what I do, encrypt a flash drive.

featured-member-may-june-2012-mcswindlerdr-who-signature-mcswindler.png
Kudos to Brandon for the sig!
Swindler.png

#10 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

You could always write the answers down either on paper or virtually and store them securely. Like in some kind of locked chest or do what I do, encrypt a flash drive.

Or secure them in your brain. Safest place of all.
Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#11 Yeldarb12

Yeldarb12

Outgoing Ogre

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

they need a wider variety of questions
i have not yet set mine because of that

30flyingcows.png

timmy.png

#12 Guthix jr

Guthix jr

Interactive Imp

• Established Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:11 PM

They seriously have to change the questions, I have no literal answers for any of them
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

They seriously have to change the questions, I have no literal answers for any of them

I know how you feel. they have some seriously random questions.... i don't know who my 2nd grade teacher was... i don't even know where i lived in 2nd grade let alone my teachers name!

forumsigp.png

#14 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

I agree that the set of questions could be wider. Towards the last few I was crunching for a decent one. This will increase account security a ton, though. Worth setting up for sure. Nice update. :)
Sev

#15 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I agree that the set of questions could be wider. Towards the last few I was crunching for a decent one. This will increase account security a ton, though. Worth setting up for sure. Nice update. :)

I and many account security experts disagree. while the whole mac address authentication system is a step in the right direction for account security there's one little problem. you see when people can't remember the things t authenticate their account (sec question answers, passwords, etc) they have a tendency to right them down or store them on their computer in an unsecure way. that is bad, very bad it basicly removes the whole point of having said sec measures. you write it down and there is the potential for you to leave it within someones grasp or eye sight an if you store it on your comp it's not gonna be good if you get your computer hacked. a better idea would have been for jagex to allow you to make your own questions and then provide answers, then we can use things that we do know and will remember an not need to write down, thus removing that threat to security. however keep in ind mac address can be changed or cloaned very easily so this still isn't foul proof, but still better than just a username and password.

forumsigp.png

#16 Sev

Sev

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

I and many account security experts disagree. while the whole mac address authentication system is a step in the right direction for account security there's one little problem. you see when people can't remember the things t authenticate their account (sec question answers, passwords, etc) they have a tendency to right them down or store them on their computer in an unsecure way. that is bad, very bad it basicly removes the whole point of having said sec measures. you write it down and there is the potential for you to leave it within someones grasp or eye sight an if you store it on your comp it's not gonna be good if you get your computer hacked. a better idea would have been for jagex to allow you to make your own questions and then provide answers, then we can use things that we do know and will remember an not need to write down, thus removing that threat to security. however keep in ind mac address can be changed or cloaned very easily so this still isn't foul proof, but still better than just a username and password.

Aah, true. I haven't stored mine anywhere, but I'm sure many others will do so. Making our own answers would be much better either way. It can't hurt. Especially for those of us that don't document the answers elsewhere.

Edited by Sev, 16 September 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Sev

#17 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

To be honest, every question they ask has an answer, so it's not like there's a major problem. But I suppose the choice could be widened.
Posted Image

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#18 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

that may be true, but does it have an answer that you know and or can remember?

forumsigp.png

#19 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:28 PM

that may be true, but does it have an answer that you know and or can remember?

Well if it's true, then it's not exactly going to change...
Posted Image

#20 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

the answer may not change but you may also forget said answer and thus being SOL. If you have to write the answer down or store unsecured on pc then you have taken away the purpose of this feature.

I think your missing my point...

forumsigp.png