Welcome to this week’s Community Round Up, serving you hearty portions of only the tastiest community events for the coming week! Direct your eyes below:
Hunting the Hunter XP!
Have you tried out our new Hunter Distraction and Diversion? This weekend we’ve got the best reason to get stuck in: we’re holding a Hunter XP race!
Whether you’re gaining XP through your own Hunter activities or the Distraction and Diversion – or if you mix it up and do both – the event runs from the start of Friday until the end of Monday (GMT). This event is purely in the name of fun. However, those looking for recognition, never fear – the top three adventurers will be named on the event thread for everyone else to marvel at with a chorus of oohs and aahs!
Head over to the official thread for all the details on how to enter.
First RuneScape Live Stream
You really don’t want to miss this one. For the first time ever in RuneScape history, we’ll be hosting a live stream where three very experienced players will be grilling RuneScape’s Lead Narrative Designer, Mod Osborne, on what’s coming to Gielinor in September. What’s more, you can enter the discussion by tweeting Paul M (@modpaulm) or posting on the official thread.
Tune in on Sunday 2nd September at 9pm (BST) at our official YouTube channel – be sure to subscribe as we’ve even more live streams on the way, where your hosts will be none other than Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard and RuneScape Vice President Daniel Clough! Full details can be found right here.
Fan Site Updates
- Have you had a look at Silver fan site rsbandb.com? You should – we really like their thoughtful, in-depth articles, and particularly this one which details how to combine the Slayer, Farming and Herblore skills to massive effect. Check it out!
- Rune HQ have been putting out guides for a long time, just one reason why they’re a Platinum fan site. A really good one tackles the fearsome Queen Black Dragon – if you’ve never dared to try and take down the largest creature in all of Gielinor, you’ll definitely want to read the guide and fully prepare yourself for this epic battle.
- Platinum fan site Tip.It have a whole range of skill calculators available, and their Skill Progress Calculator is probably our favourite. It’ll tell you where best to put your XP if you’re looking to go up a level, or even if you just want to know how far you are from that handsome skill cape. Pretty helpful if you’re undecided on where to use your XP lamp or Jack of Trades aura reward book!
The RuneScape Community Team
- We’re introducing a weekly competition on the official RuneScape Twitter! Our opening contest starts on Wednesday September 5th so be sure to follow us so you don’t miss out.
- Don’t forget that we’re now running official events on a weekly basis! Keep your eyes peeled for some cool events in the pipeline – including something a little special that we have planned for the God Wars Dungeon...
- That’s your lot this time around. Don’t forget to check back next week for another dose of oh-so-good Community Round-Up medicine!
Discuss this here.
Aug 30, 2012 - Community Round-Up #4
Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:39 AM
Thanks for the awesome signature Buck!
I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.
Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:21 PM
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10
Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:06 PM
- the question you are asking has been answered,
- you may have posted in the wrong forum,
- the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
- the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.
If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.
Have a nice RuneHQ day.