Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Amoa : (Aug 22,2014 21:30) Orange FTW! :sparta:
St Squiggy : (Aug 22,2014 21:28) *shy of purple*
Deimos_XD : (Aug 22,2014 21:20) *Adds some orange to the mix*
Scott : (Aug 22,2014 21:06) Way too much blue in here.
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 20:38) Runetrack
Super Fly : (Aug 22,2014 19:51) What site is that Bazzy?
Super Fly : (Aug 22,2014 19:32) Thanks for coming!
Sliver : (Aug 22,2014 15:58) RuneHQ event Castle Wars starts in 1 hour 2m! World: 60 FC: Dr Robotnik
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 14:48) THIS, This is what happens when work gives me two days off
Supermancav : (Aug 22,2014 14:21) /life
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 14:10) I've done it, I hit 2nd place.
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 14:10) http://gyazo.com/788...402ee1e0cc8e267
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 13:55) James missed the perfect opportunity to use Bad News Barrett.
Sliver : (Aug 22,2014 13:50) Today's RuneHQ event is Castle Wars! Check out the forums for more details
Kunio : (Aug 22,2014 13:42) Good work on that, thanks James.
Dr Robotnik : (Aug 22,2014 12:59) Servers are still playing up right now - we've postponed our bossing events for everyone's safety.
Sliver : (Aug 22,2014 12:50) Today's RuneHQ event is Castle Wars! Check out the forums for more details
Smileur : (Aug 22,2014 12:35) Wow, thanks everybody ! :up:
Rednar : (Aug 22,2014 11:28) Happy Birthday Smileur!
Bazzy : (Aug 22,2014 10:12) currently 4th!

Photo

Aug 29, 2012 - Sizzling September!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Conversational Chaos Ele

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts
Click to view battle stats

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

Quote taken directly from RuneScape.com

Miss out on August's Sizzling Summer rewards? No need to let that rain on your parade! Subscribing throughout September still gets you a raft of roasting-hot rewards.

That’s right: if you’re a member throughout September you’ll get your hands on all of the following Sizzling Summer bonuses:

• 350,000 XP!
  • Seaweed dreadlocks.
  • A squid cape.
  • A cool crab emote.
  • A rather tanned title!
  • 2 additional bonus spins per day on Squeal of Fortune - that's a total of four per day!
This is the last chance to get access to these amazing summer bonuses so don’t miss out. Become a member by clicking here now!

If you’ve been a member all through August, don’t forget that the biggest reward of all arrives for you at the end of September in the form of an additional 700,000 XP and Choose Your Fate.

Choose Your Fate is a selection of four of the most powerful rewards ever seen in RuneScape, including the deadly Instakill Dart. Picture this: you're fighting for your life. Your health is low, you've chugged your last Saradomin brew, but your foe isn't letting up. The answer is here: the Instakill Dart will kill whatever target you face with one almighty hit!

You can find out what’s so incredible about all four items here.

Remember, these Choose Your Fate rewards are available only to players who are members for the whole of August and September, so make sure your membership doesn’t run out! What’s more, there’s a ton of extra exclusive members' content in the pipeline for this coming month, including:
  • Daily Challenges – with fantastic rewards every day!
  • Two epic quests - with a brand-new storyline featuring Ozan!
  • God Wars Dungeon – A classic re-mastered, now with even more drops!
Have fun, and may your summer stay sizzling!

The RuneScape Team

Discuss this here.

Posted Image

Thanks for the awesome signature Buck! :D

I, Greg, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#2 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:09 AM

sounds pretty epic to me. I been a member all of august and I don't plan to let up now!

forumsigp.png

#3 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Cancelled my membership because of these give aways. They haven't done things as ridiculous as this before. Not gonna pay for darts that remove all the challenge to a boss, or for idiotic cosmetic items.

Rockman_X.png

#4 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 562 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:24 PM

I just take the free stuff and be happy about it.

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#5 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

lol i have memby till march next year so i am good

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#6 Tri_Killer2

Tri_Killer2

Sociopathic Zebra Killer

• Managers
  • 1,247 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

I just use a credit card so i am good

#7 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,723 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

Crud, they keep giving me stuff for being a member (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Just kidding ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ).

These bonus xp items are supposedly a test at a replacement for what was once Bonus XP Weekends, and we're still not completely sure how these darts are going to work. For now I'll be happy to be a member and get regular updates...

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#8 TheWorldIsYours

TheWorldIsYours

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:41 PM

Cancelled my membership because of these give aways. They haven't done things as ridiculous as this before. Not gonna pay for darts that remove all the challenge to a boss, or for idiotic cosmetic items.

You seem a little mad.. Anyway this may just be the special promotion of the whole summer madness thing going on, rather than members always get everything. Yeah it's silly but maybe they're just trying something new, like they're doing Golden Katanas right now, and in the past theyve done the Flaming Skulls for buying membership.

#9 Varunky

Varunky

Lurker

• Established Members
  • 1,723 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

After reading "Mod MMG on RuneScape Micro-Payments" (which I'm sure isn't on forums because of flame wars) a lot of this promotion stuff makes sense. Jagex took a bit hit when they ban and get rid of the players/accounts that cheat or rwt so they need some way to bring in the money that they lost. It's economics; When you take a hit in profits in one area you have to recoup them in another.

Varunky.pngVarunky.png
Proud owner of 10year Vet. cape.
Fan of loadingreadyrun ••••>
Saved by grace through faith - Eph 2:8-10

#10 Mega Man

Mega Man

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

You seem a little mad.. Anyway this may just be the special promotion of the whole summer madness thing going on, rather than members always get everything. Yeah it's silly but maybe they're just trying something new, like they're doing Golden Katanas right now, and in the past theyve done the Flaming Skulls for buying membership.

What I was mentioning. All of this year. They only have been doing promotions and promotions. The flaming skulls was a promotion this year for buying a 3 month membership card. Most of the updates this year have gone toward the Squeal of fortune. Promotions like Mad may were there just to get people to buy membership to get some cosmetic stuff. They haven't gone all out like this ever in the past with promotion after promotion. Membership was supposed to be paid so you get the full content. Not a scheme to get others to join over silly content when we want "real" updates.

Edited by Mega Man, 29 August 2012 - 10:14 PM.

Rockman_X.png

#11 kilvehk

kilvehk

sheldon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

yes but i love dem cool cosmetics so much imagine in 5 years who is still going to have the flaming skull? ppl are still going wtf why your head on fire?

s5hjsj.png      kilvehk.png    2a7wy1z.png

thanks for the sig brandon!

312z02g.png    vrvoli.png

2eojfhh.png24qlhmv.pngiqvn7s.png

2vlsea0.png

#12 Star

Star

A force to be reckoned with

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 August 2012 - 01:26 AM

I think with all the promotions added so close to eachother, makes them look like they might be over doing it a little.
But I think having a few promotions is always good to have as well.

#13 Darkblitz

Darkblitz

Site Admin / RHQ Clan Deputy Owner

• Site Admins
  • 5,648 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hello, this topic has been locked. There are many possible reasons for this...
  • the question you are asking has been answered,
  • you may have posted in the wrong forum,
  • the topic could be degenerating into/has already started a flame war,
  • the posts were straying too far from the original topic.
Your topic may have also expired. This means that no one has posted on it for a while, and it would be better to start a new topic to keep the conversation fresh.

This list of reasons that your topic may have been closed is given instead of a specific reason because moderators have the option to close multiple topics at once, with this standard reply added to the topic. This is much faster than closing multiple topics manually, and gives us more time for our other work.

If you have any further questions as to why this topic was closed, let me encourage you to check the FAQs, and to PM me if you do not find the answer there.

Have a nice RuneHQ day. :D
Posted Image

Posted Image
Signature by Brandon.