Platinum level Jagex recognized fansite

Toggle shoutbox ColorWars ShoutBox

Need a Shield of Arrav / Heroes Quest Partner? Click here!
FraryAVFC : (Oct 23,2014 10:11) sorry i found a partner
FraryAVFC : (Oct 23,2014 10:04) i have emailed you btw
FraryAVFC : (Oct 23,2014 10:04) Rose i can
RoseOfTheRaven : (Oct 23,2014 9:57) Any Black Arms Gang member online wanting to do Heroes Quest?
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 20:13) I did.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 20:05) if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Keeshthewolf : (Oct 22,2014 19:53) Looking for a black arm gang member for heroes quest.
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:59) Clan Advert up for Serene Souls :D
A851 : (Oct 22,2014 17:54) really need a heros partner for phenix :(
xHydroDankx : (Oct 22,2014 17:38) Wow RuneHQ is still running strong? Lol I just redownloaded I'm making a new character now Dislexicevol add me <3
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 17:37) Trisky, if you click on the link in the green box above this shoutbox, you can find partners for the quest there :)
Trisky : (Oct 22,2014 17:05) I need shield of arrav/heroes partner, or just heroes, any clan. you can reach me on twit: @triskyyy Thanks!
eimmitx : (Oct 22,2014 17:00) anyone online?
senug : (Oct 22,2014 16:31) I will be there :)
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 16:21) Wish I could come :(
Sliver : (Oct 22,2014 16:18) RuneHQ Ape Atoll Agility event starts in 42m! World: 60 FC: Kunio
taylon1337 : (Oct 22,2014 16:06) grats
Misty Fuzzy : (Oct 22,2014 15:55) Go go go!
senug : (Oct 22,2014 15:45) No not yet but 63k left :)
Jigerkiller : (Oct 22,2014 14:06) arrav

eoc? or end of runescape? or new start? or new game?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
67 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_masterpoo89_*

Guest_masterpoo89_*
  • Guests
Click to view battle stats

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

I think that the eoc could potentinally loose alot of old rs players the people who have paid the most for runescape membership. many people could also join in beacuse of the atraction of this awsome new game but what i think is the best thing to do is to make the eoc have some specefic worlds and then the current rs have other worlds or just leave runescape's current combat system with the specials and weapons having their unique abilities and then introduce some small changes at a time but the major changes could make it so that good old classic good weapons with good special attacks become good weapons but no special attack, then no one will use a weapon like this example the dragon dagger the weapon is used purely beacuse this weapon has a special attack and a poison affect if you have poisoned this weapon but after the eoc this weapon will not be used and will eventually be worthless. this could also happen to many other weapons keep runescape's special attacks it makes the game have a quality that no other games i know of have.

#2 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

Getting sick of these "Hate on the EoC Cause I haven't played it at all or haven't truly understood the concept" Topics.

I admire RuneScape in all forms, including back in classic to now. With the current RuneScape, Specials still here, weapons still having it's stats. Yes over time, it would of been a better update. But what choice did they have? This update has two main causes in my eyes:

1. To get Rid of the Bots because of the completely new combat system. (Reasons cause bots are programmed certain ways)
2. To keep the game from going downhill anymore than it already is. (Not hating, I love the game.)

Now to answer your non-questions:

1. Over time would be nice, but this is a huge update. HUGE. Bigger than most updates.
2. Poisoned weapons still exist. You just have to use a potion. Makes you poisonous with ALL weapons. Abyssal whip vine. Dragon Dagger. Etc.
3. They are going down because of an Majority Shareholder that's makin' 'dem do stuff. Don't blame Jagex, blame them.
Angel_Seina.pngAngel_Seina.png

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#3 Guest_masterpoo89_*

Guest_masterpoo89_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

i didnt say i hated it i actually really like it except the part with ne special attacks.

#4 Seinami

Seinami

Annihilator of Dreams

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

I must of Misread then.

Specials will be replaced with the "Abilities".

:I
Angel_Seina.pngAngel_Seina.png

I, Kairi , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#5 Paintball

Paintball

Eppur si muove

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Until it gets out of beta we won't really see how everyone gets used to it. For me it is just such a big shift that it's kind of overwhelming. I'm sure I'll get used to it and it will improve the game though.
Posted Image
Signature by Brandon

#6 Kushie

Kushie

Big Daddy Kush,Master of The Ban-hammer Slam

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

I couldn't agree more ,Paintball

kushie.jpg

Thanks to Brandon for an awesome sig!

I,Kushie , hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#7 Doctor Berry

Doctor Berry

Master of the Berry Skills

• Advanced Members
  • 1,493 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:01 PM

I started out loving the idea of the EoC. But as I've been getting on during the weekends (especially for the events for the costume) I've gotten to where I don't really care for it. Maybe in time when it is in the live game I might feel differently again and actually like it. But for now, I've grown to resent it. But that is just my personal opinion.

3d7bca9c.pngyd59.gif <--- Click for more info!
Thanks Buck! ^
Dr_Berry.png g08.gif <--- Berries got squished ;-;

Dr_Berry.gif

I, Dr Berry, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

#8 Zealot.

Zealot.

Wise Werewolf

• Established Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:35 PM

I do feel that this combat update is needed which can give the game a new start, since i think the current combat system is so boring, which certainly does not encourage me to bother with combat, but with the new combat system, it will as it will give a huge change to the system. We can't just use the same combat system people love all the time, as it will eventually have to change.

As for "omg this is ruining runescape, i quit". I find that pathetic, because of the fact they quiting over combat. Runescape is not all about combat, since there are other stuff to do like skilling, minigames, quests, etc, so it makes me feel sad people are quiting after a update like this.

#9 Guest_Nocturnus_*

Guest_Nocturnus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Getting sick of these "Hate on the EoC Cause I haven't played it at all or haven't truly understood the concept" Topics.
1. To get Rid of the Bots because of the completely new combat system. (Reasons cause bots are programmed certain ways)

Lol if you think this will get rid of bots they will always come back just because of some new buttons and layouts doesn't mean it will get rid of them

and they ruined a ton of weapons by replacing specials with abilities that suck and i have played the eoc and i hate it nuff said

Edited by Nocturnus, 13 August 2012 - 03:04 PM.

#10 St Squiggy

St Squiggy

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 761 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Lol if you think this will get rid of bots they will always come back just because of some new buttons and layouts doesn't mean it will get rid of them

and they ruined a ton of weapons by replacing specials with abilities that suck and i have played the eoc and i hate it nuff said

It may not get rid of them, but they won't be near as efficient.

As to not liking it because of the special replacements, that's one not used to the abilities.

St__Squiggy.png

stsquiggy.png

#11 XxSnowGirlxX

XxSnowGirlxX

Vampire Queen

• Established Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

I personally think that the new combat update will be a new start for runescape. it's so much easier to kill things on beta.

bWX83b4.png
CLANNAD-Ryou.gifCLANNAD-Kyou.gifCLANNAD-Tomoya.gifCLANNAD-Sanae.gifCLANNAD-Tomoyo.gifCLANNAD-Nagisa.gifCLANNAD-Kotomi02.gifCLANNAD-Fuko.gif

#12 Guest_Buu Ghost_*

Guest_Buu Ghost_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

Like I've said on the official RuneScape forums; It makes no sense to play a game where 80% of the time you're browsing different things and 20% of it is actually spent ingame.

#13 Pi_Stoff

Pi_Stoff

Lecturing Lesser Demon

• Established Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:19 AM

I personally think that the new combat update will be a new start for runescape. it's so much easier to kill things on beta.

Are you saying that its a good thing or a bad thing? they have devalued Runecrafting with Runespan, Hunting with herblore habitat, fire making with Bonfires (although FM was easy anyway) etc and now slayer / combat with EOC.

Pi_Stoff.png

#14 Guest_sped92_*

Guest_sped92_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:10 AM

i am currently playing it now and i have seen both good and bad things that can come from this new update. I am a long time player since 2003. Ive seen this game go through update after update after update, and every single one of them made the game better and much more appealing to play. After playing around with the new eoc i find that on an honest note. That it is very well done but not very thought out much. This will affect current players being on RS more often or not. As far as i can see you either hate it or love it. Remember that this IS a beta. They make betas for a reason. What we've all been playing is not what will just be thrown into the game. Changes will be made. I can say that as of now some decent portion of players will be less enthused to play if its kept the way the beta is now. Also there are more people than you may think that have computers that don't necessarily run the new graphics or the new system of fighting very well causing extreme lag. Some players have that problem even with modern RS and are forced to lower there quality of the game. I dont think they expect everyone to buy new computers, but its just a thought i think should be thrown in there because graphics can be manually changed but the new fighting style cant be changed once its in so some people will experience overall game experience as less than enjoyable. On a personal note from my actual perspective i think its a great idea. Like i said every update since 03 has been great and enjoyable. I think the IDEA is great but it definitely needs to be better constructed and thought out a little more and should remain in beta form for some time. Sometimes designers and creators have amazing ideas but the final draft isnt always what its hyped up to be. Thats my personal opinion on the new update coming from a long-term player. Would love to hear what everyone else thinks so keep posting!!!!! or add me on RS ;)

#15 PK_Not_Ok

PK_Not_Ok

The title is a lie.

• Advanced Members
  • 564 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:42 AM

I do feel that this combat update is needed which can give the game a new start, since i think the current combat system is so boring, which certainly does not encourage me to bother with combat, but with the new combat system, it will as it will give a huge change to the system. We can't just use the same combat system people love all the time, as it will eventually have to change.

As for "omg this is ruining runescape, i quit". I find that pathetic, because of the fact they quiting over combat. Runescape is not all about combat, since there are other stuff to do like skilling, minigames, quests, etc, so it makes me feel sad people are quiting after a update like this.

The EoC will make all skilling, minigames, quests etc even more fun because of the new ways to kill nomad/get killed by nomad

I, PK_not_OK, hereby pledge to never support known gold selling sites. I will not buy any gold or items from any shady dealers. I will not use a bot, nor by my silence allow friends or acquaintances to believe that I support botting or gold selling in general. I will be part of the solution.

Bots R going down! :D

Spoiler

#16 Guest_sam i am479_*

Guest_sam i am479_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

yeah i think it will lose alot of players at the start, then more will leave and adventually it will die

Posted Image

#17 Kunio

Kunio

Pretty Spooky / ET Member

• Events Team
  • 917 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

I can't say It's ending at all, and I can't say it's a new start since I'm still keeping my leet stats. :P I'm looking forward to the EOC.

#18 DJ Phox

DJ Phox

Spirited Steel Titan

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

I don't think this will be the end of the game or a new game it's just an upgrade, like runescape is now from runescape classic.

i also don't think we'll lose many players

forumsigp.png

#19 Guest_argonith1993_*

Guest_argonith1993_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

I will admit I'm going to miss the special attacks, some of them are awesome, however over all the balancing of weapons will be nice since I am a fan of the dragon dagger!!

#20 Guest_eocisbullshit_*

Guest_eocisbullshit_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:39 AM

EoC is tbh bulls***. When u have maxed pure in runescape its bulls*** in eoc. thank you jagex for taking away years of hard work. and replacing it with some bulls***.