We have had a long period of uncertainty of the future of the site. I am going to be honest with you all, it wasn't looking well. Many people bailed on us, and we apologize for not being able to keep some valued members of the site. Our Site Co-Owner even vanished on us due to real life problems, which we are still trying to get in contact with her.
But those who stayed never gave up. We had many attempts to fix main issues in the site, but none were successful. But we kept pushing on.
Our main issues were:
- Fixing user registration: We had to manually register users when they requested it, special thanks to Sirius XM for helping with the manual registration
- Site News: We could not post anything on the Homepage, which you all saw. This dropped our user count catastrophically, and our reputation dwindled to an inactive site.
- Forum Awards: We could no longer hand out forum awards and badges. Surely just a cosmetic, but important part in uniting our community and awarding them!
- Content: We cannot upload new content to RuneHQ. This means quest guides, item database... you name it. Our Content team lead by Jarkur still handled content requests, and had a majority of the content back up on a few computers. We are working on a way to upload this all to the site.
Within the last month, we had a few developers join us:
-Spartan, a former developer for RuneHQ has lead the way blasting through the code, developing his own at some points, to fix most of the site issues. He is responsible for fixing user registration, Site News, and Forum awards so fast.
- Sumurai, another former developer, as well as our newest developer Dark Alice are hard at work as well, on projects that will be live soon enough.
These three individuals deserve your gratitude and patience as they handle our next project: Sitefun. For those of you who do not know, this "Sitefun" is our way of uploading content and handling a bunch more things to RuneHQ.com. Our code is currently more stuck and messy than your headphone cords after being in your pocket for a year. So please do not rush them!
Our focus now as a community is to get the word out that we are not going into the shadows like Tip.it and Sal's Realm, or completely giving up like RuneZone. We are RuneHQ, your unfair advantage to everything Runescape, and we will prove why we are the most prestigious Platinum Awarded fansite.
Thank you for your time, hope this adds a bit more transparency to our process as a community.