There are three main sections of the Ogre area: Jiggig, Gu`Tanoth, and Feldip Hills. As you will see, every part has its own special features that will help in many different skills such as prayer, herblore, cooking, range, and many more.
Let's start off with the main Ogre city, Gu'Tanoth.
This city is the main focus point of The Watchtower Quest. It has many unexpected areas to train and to shop.
1. This is where Og is for the Watchtower quest. There are also some Ogres walking around, which is good if you prefer to train on Ogres.
2. Very useful island, seeing as it's a good place for range training and it also has jangerberry responds. Also, this island has Grew on it, an Ogre in the Watchtower quest.
3. This is the main entrance to Gu'Tanoth. It has two Ogre guards, which you can talk to and they will let you in.
4. This is the entrance to the enclave under Gu'Tanoth. It has tons of blue dragons and greater demons in it. It is also the place where you mine one of the crystals in the Watchtower quest, and there are some Ogre shamen down here. In order to get into this area, either talk to a guard and say you want to go in there or use a nightshade on a guard. Both have the exact same results. Note: If you do not want to be owned so bad that even your grandfather would feel it, then I suggest you do not attack Ogre shamen.
Here're some images of inside the dungeon.
An image of the center with the rock you need to mine in the Watchtower Quest:
Some good training monsters are located in this dungeon, more specific Greater Demons and Blue Dragons. There are enough maging and range spots:
Here is an image of the Ogre Shaman's, used in the Watchtower Quest. And like said before, it's a very bad idea to talk-to or attack the Ogre Shaman's.
And last, there are some caged Greater Demons in the North-East corner:
If you feel like training here after completing the Watchtower quest, click Here for the map and monster locations.
5. This is the Ogre trading grounds. There are a few Ogre traders* here and they will either trade with you or will attack you. There are two ogre traders that have something to sell you. Look below for the stores and their locations. The rock stall, a part of the Watchtower quest, is located directly south of the enclave entrance (#4 on the map).
The locations of the stores:
The Herblore Store (light Blue):
The General Store (light green):
If you can`t trade with the Ogre traders, a message like this:
will pop up and then the Ogre will commence to pummel you. The rock cake store owner will not trade, therefore you need to steal from the counter. Here`s a picture of the rock cake store owner and the counter.
6. This place is actually nothing except for this is where you dig for the level 3 clue, if you get it.
7. This entrance is the one you go into in order to talk to the mad scavid during the Watchtower quest.
8. This little island has Toban and Gorad on it for the Watchtower Quest. It also has a rope spawn and several normal bone spawns.
Ok, on to Feldip Hills.
The Feldip Hills:
This area is one that doesn`t appear to have much to offer at first, but when you look into it, you`ll find some interesting things.
1. The only place in RuneScape to have a spawn of the powerful death runes. There`s also plenty of wolves and alchey trees to make Ogre composite bows.
2. These two swamps are surrounded by swamp toads which are useful for chompy bird hunting or for the quest Mourning`s End Part 1.
3. This glider is very useful to get in and out of the Feldip Hills. You can only use the glider after you have completed the One Small Favour quest.
4. This place has a cabbage, 3 onions and a tomato if you need them for the Big Chompy Bird Hunting quest.
5. This is another place to get swamp toads for chompy hunting. There`s also tons of alchey trees and wolves around. Everything for some Ogre arrows!
6. This is Rants` home and the start of the Big chomp Bird Hunting quest. This spit roast is perfect for roasting your freshly killed chompies on.
You can also ask for chompy hats to show off your kills. Click here for the chomp Bird hat guide.
7. This is the first area you hunt Chompies in and also there is some cabbage and equa leaves here to cook with your chomp.
That`s it for the Feldip Hills. Let's move onto the final Ogre area, Jiggig.
The place of the new types of monsters Zogres and Skogres and starting location for the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest.
1. This is the start of the Zogre Flesh Eaters quest. Also, once the quest is finished, Uglug will open his store only after you make and bring him Relicym's Balm. His store would be useful, but he never has brutal arrows!
2. This area has Skogres and Zogres galore! Shoot these while you hide behind a barricade in order to not get diseased. There`s one Skogre and one Zogre playing the drums on the hill, and if you watch the Skogres in the #2 area, they will dance by moving back and forth. When fighting either Skogres or Zogres, you will get diseased if they hit you. Instead of sapping your hp, the disease attacks every skill except hp. To stop this, drink Relicym`s Balm, which can be bought in Uglug`s store.
3. Did you get a Ogre Coffin key from a Skogre or Zogre? Then bring it up here and open the coffins with it. You can get Fyarg bones Ancestral Ogre bones that give mad experience when buried and you then get a little something that could be bronze, iron, or steel. You can also pick the locks on the coffins and see what you get. The coffins only yield ancestral bones when opened with a key.
Also, you can go down those steps and into a huge underground cavern filled with even more Skogres, Zogres, and coffins.
4. This is another area with 3 coffins. If you are caught trying to open them by picking the locks, the 2 guards will throw you into the underground cavern and you have to find your way out.
Here`s the sign at both end of the 3 coffins that warn you to not pick the locks on the coffins.
Hoped you enjoyed this insight into the Ogre area!
This City/Area Guide was written by spaz. Thanks to Switcher, 05grogan and pitchblac222 for corrections.
This City/Area Guide was entered into the database on Sat, Jul 30, 2005, at 10:53:06 PM by Switcher, and it was last updated on Sun, Nov 14, 2010, at 12:50:19 AM by DRAVAN.
If you see this guide on any other site, please report it to us so we can take legal action against anyone found stealing our content. This guide is copyrighted by RuneHQ, and its use on other sites is expressly forbidden. Do not ask if you can use our guides or images, the answer is and always will be NO!